Apple Ran Out of Launch Day Preorder iPads Online

Status
Not open for further replies.

grantmcconnaughey

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2011
[citation][nom]thebee12[/nom]The A5X is quad-core not dual-core[/citation]

Not true... The A5X is dual core, with quad core graphics. Still, it's supposed to be a stunner! :)

I won't be buying one (my iPad 2 is working just fine for me), but I seriously can't wait to see one and play with it for a little bit.

roym6

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2011
$699 for a tablet?!?! I'm not an apple hater, but there is a point where the price gets ridiculous, I'd rather get a laptop.

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
[citation][nom]roym6[/nom]$699 for a tablet?!?! I'm not an apple hater, but there is a point where the price gets ridiculous, I'd rather get a laptop.[/citation]

Yeah, at that point, you could buy a fairly nice laptop with that much money. I find it interesting how Apple has no interest in the middle and low budget market share, letting their other competitors dominate those.

silver565

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2009
Ah.. I see all the iSheep have received their orders

It's interesting to note how a lot of people seem to think that the cpu is a quad core. Marketing flys in one ear and out the other with most of the important information not sticking? As long as it's Apple, new an shiny I suppose nothing else matters right?

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]roym6[/nom]$699 for a tablet?!?! I'm not an apple hater, but there is a point where the price gets ridiculous, I'd rather get a laptop.[/citation]

You made that statement like all tablets are created equal. You are getting what you are paying for and if you don't want to pay that then get a lower end tablet that fits your budget. iPad 2 or an Android solution will work great.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
$699 for a 64gb tablet while people complain about the high price of the PS3 With the money people spend on mobile tech I think console makers can justify spending a few extra dollars beefing up the systems.

I've never owned an apple product but my fam gets every new IPhone or IPad that has come out. There is no reason to whine about spending $400-500 on a console that will last 7 years when people spend that much every year or two on a new phone.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]Yeah, at that point, you could buy a fairly nice laptop with that much money. I find it interesting how Apple has no interest in the middle and low budget market share, letting their other competitors dominate those.[/citation]

1) I think it's bcuz they want the public to "BELIEVE" they have the best products, and to cater to low budget buyers would mean a drop in quality.
2) They have no problems selling out expensive toys, and producing low priced items would cause a loss in sales, which means a drop in profit. Why sell something for $300 when you can sell it for $500?

G

[citation][nom]fff[/nom]im only going to pay $23.78 for one of these.[/citation]

Get me one too.

G

[citation][nom]fff[/nom]im only going to pay $23.78 for one of these.[/citation]

Thank you.

_Pez_

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2010
hahaha I like to see when "ppl" (I would say some type of itrolls) can't do one of the most easiest things in those unworthy apple devices like sharing files with others devices, that's just plain simple ridiculous !!! because most of the time you must use itunes (for trolls) or a special HDD.. I mean really a special HDD ??? hahahahhaha !! and those ppl feel that they got the best and can't even use it properly.

watcha

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2007
[citation][nom]jimmysmitty[/nom]I love how they always sell out. I guess when you add features others have had for a while it sells out.[/citation]

Yeah because of all the other tablets with 2048 x 1536, a quad core GPU up to 4x faster than Tegra 3, a battery life of 9 hours on 4G, and 200,000 apps specifically for the tablet?

[citation][nom]_Pez_[/nom]hahaha I like to see when "ppl" (I would say some type of itrolls) can't do one of the most easiest things in those unworthy apple devices like sharing files with others devices, that's just plain simple ridiculous !!! because most of the time you must use itunes (for trolls) or a special HDD.. I mean really a special HDD ??? hahahahhaha !! and those ppl feel that they got the best and can't even use it properly.[/citation]

It's actually very true. If you're a tech guy like me, managing files without iTunes is very easy, there are any number of alternatives, Dropbox is one and there are also apps which let you send documents between phones (some of which are free). However, only people who are quite techy actually realise that you can do this. Average users tend to use iTunes and that software is just a complete nightmare, a really complex mess even for me - I never use it. So, ironically, while many people claim iPhone is actually more user friendly and targets the less techy people, in terms of file management I believe there is a lot of room for improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.