Application required for work

Mar 4, 2018
Hello all,

I'm working for a company that uses ticketing system,

We use a lot of templates it is almost impossible to remember them all and it came to this moment to be almost too slow to search for the right one then copy it.

I would ask u if there is a program that can work like "hotkeys" that will activate the program,i type in the required template then just select it.

Example

Win + 1 = Opens the search bar
I type in the search bar = XXXXX - 1212312312 -1231231231
I click on it and whoa-la.

Thanks in advance fellas

Solution
Generally understand your requirements. However, the details matter....

What format/file extension are the templates? What application is being used to open up and edit the templates?

Overall, you probably have a variety of options.

First you need a list of the templates. You can get the list by importing the template file names via a DIR command directed into a .txt file.

Second the list can become a column in Excel or perhaps a table in Access.

Both of which can be made searchable.

The search finds the desired template and then all you need to do is launch the applicable app to open the template.

Get that to work for just one template and you have the pattern that can be the model or format for any template.

Just...
Generally understand your requirements. However, the details matter....

What format/file extension are the templates? What application is being used to open up and edit the templates?

Overall, you probably have a variety of options.

First you need a list of the templates. You can get the list by importing the template file names via a DIR command directed into a .txt file.

Second the list can become a column in Excel or perhaps a table in Access.

Both of which can be made searchable.

The search finds the desired template and then all you need to do is launch the applicable app to open the template.

Get that to work for just one template and you have the pattern that can be the model or format for any template.

Just concatenate the application executable and the template's name into the necessary command structure

May need to incorporate some VBA or HTML link to the table.

Over-simplified.

Work on the process step by step using just a few test templates.

See what you can do and then focus on each problem that occurs.

Powershell would probably work as well but not be particularly user friendly unless some additional work is done.

Solution