Solved! ARC issue between onkyo TX-NR626 and samsung un65ku6300

Victor1025

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017
all ARC related and CES +AnyNet options turned On or on Auto on both equipment,HDMI 2.1 cord ARC/CES compliant plugged into correct "ARC" HDMI ports, TV see's and correctly names assign Receiver as an input, can see the receiver's Menu on TV when prompted, the issue lies there is no sound to Receiver when OTA TV or Smart APPS are playing on TV. Did a complete reset per Samsung and a complete reset on Receiver and made sure all ARC / CES +AnyNet functions all ON or Auto, still nothing! there is nothing else plugged into HDMI ports on receiver, any ideas to have ARC work as designed?

SITUATION RESOLVED: after reading endlessly on this situation I problem-solved what I thought were great responses from others with this situation, bottom line I failed to notice that an HDMI cord (2.0 compliant) still plugged into my HDMI4 port to a now removed Amazon Fire box on the Onkyo Receiver, once I unplugged this dead ended cord, BAM! the receiver and TV "talked" to each other and alive came my ARC channel delivering the TV's 5.1 programming and showing up as an "Speaker output choice".

Reactions: TreyByDay
Solution
Make sure the HDMI cable you are using is a version 1.4, or it is HDMI with Ethernet. (should be written on it) This is the cable that you need to work with ARC as it uses data protocols.
If that is not the issue, then i would make sure it is not a problem with the A/V receiver.

Good luck.

K.
Make sure the HDMI cable you are using is a version 1.4, or it is HDMI with Ethernet. (should be written on it) This is the cable that you need to work with ARC as it uses data protocols.
If that is not the issue, then i would make sure it is not a problem with the A/V receiver.

Good luck.

K.

Solution

Victor1025

Prominent
Apr 11, 2017

Deja Q1

Prominent
May 3, 2017
I'm posting this info to help with anyone who is having this problem. Here is the story.
ARC was working fine with my Onkyo TX-NR509 and Sony XBR-49C. When I would switch over the TV from the (Spectrum/TWC) DVR to Netflix/TV, the receiver would automatically switch over and output the signal from the TV (via ARC) in Dolby. When I would switch back to the DVR, the receiver would switch back...no problems. Also, when I would turn on/off the TV, the receiver would also turn on/off.
Then I upgraded the DVR to an enhanced DVR and the ARC stopped working completely. I factory reset the TV and Onkyo multiple times with no results. I was convinced that the Onkyo was the reason, as the TV was brand new. So I settled for using the optical output from the TV and listening to Netflix in stereo instead of Dolby 5.1, and of course having to manually switch over and back to the correct input. It was the most confusing thing, because all I did was disconnect the DVR and hook up a new one…I didn’t touch the TV or receiver.
Four months went by and then a miracle happened. TWC upgraded the Guide software to our DVRs, and suddenly everything was working again. It now seems that TWC can be looked at for a solution to those people having ARC problems? I’m not sure. This is either way over my head or divine intervention.