are chrome extensions malware???

i try and budget

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015
im using malware bytes and did a threat scan. it said when it was finished "non malware detected" but it says there are 76 identified threats and literally all of them except one are chrome extensions. but heres the extensions im using and that are in chrome
hola vpn
tubebuddy
google docs offline
google docs
betterttv
adblock
and dealz which no matter how hard i try cant remove this one. it says that whole enterprise policy on it and ive probably tried everything to get rid of it.

Mason Methot

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015
Some extensions could be dangerous if taken from the wrong person/creator. Stuff that has a good reputation and are name brand are best to have but anything that has a weird name out not many download and likes and stuff. Best you reinstall chrome and reinstall the non threat ones.

Adblock and Google docs should be fine but the others I've never heard of.

i try and budget

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

ive tried everything to get rid of dealz and nothing works

Mason Methot

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015

So it's in your computer?

i try and budget

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

i honestly dont know. it doesnt even do anything but its in chrome. i remember downloading something on my computer a long time ago. i cant remember what it was to be honest but when i did dealz came up in my extensions

Mason Methot

Estimable
Jul 17, 2015

I think it should be as simple as just uninstalling chrome, going into uninstall programs and uninstall anything that doesn't look right, and then reinstalling chrome...that's what I think, I don't really know the full situation.

i try and budget

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

unfortunately already tried that and it didnt work