Solved! Are files and photos stored from phone to SD card easily accessible?

May 28, 2018
This might be a silly question, but I'm over 60, so please bear with me. I have a new Huawei Nova 2 Lite phone and I've just put a SD card in and changed the settings so that files and photos automatically store to the card rather than internal storage. Will photos be still accessible through Gallery and documents through Files or will I have to go trawling through my phone to find them? If I can't tap on the Gallery or Files icons and see what I've saved, then its probably just too hard and I'll go back to internal storage. Thanks for your help

Solution
It should be available in the gallery and file manager on the phone. You may want to change those individual apps settings to make sure they are set to look on the card as well as the device for files. Some apps auto look on both, others you have to set them to. So check the individual app you are accessing them with. :)
It should be available in the gallery and file manager on the phone. You may want to change those individual apps settings to make sure they are set to look on the card as well as the device for files. Some apps auto look on both, others you have to set them to. So check the individual app you are accessing them with. :)

Solution
May 28, 2018
Thank you for your answer. I've looked through app settings and nothing looks remotely like an option to have the app look to both locations for files and photos. I tried taking a few videos this morning and the available space on the SD card decreased, so they seem to be saving there ok, and they appeared in Gallery, so maybe all is ok. I'll keep an eye on it. Cheers