Are those Windows touch screen notebooks a good buy?

AntaresX

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012
I've been looking for an affordable notebook for college, walked into a nearby Microsoft store by chance and loved the touchscreen laptops they had. They had the Asus Q200E and some more expensive models on display. From what I've read it seems the cheaper models are prone to failure. As far as touch screen notebooks are concerned, what does Tom's recommend?

Solution
If you get win 8, how can you not have a touch screen? It makes the laptop easier to use and it feels natural. If you can afford it, I highly suggest you try to get one with it as you will find yourself having a hard time with just a mouse or touchpad.

AntaresX

Honorable
Apr 26, 2012

Messing around with the Windows 8 touchscreens in the Microsoft store was love at first sight. Just trying to figure out if any of them stand out as the most worthwhile purchase.

d3mondino

Honorable
Jan 4, 2014
If you get win 8, how can you not have a touch screen? It makes the laptop easier to use and it feels natural. If you can afford it, I highly suggest you try to get one with it as you will find yourself having a hard time with just a mouse or touchpad.

Solution

LummusMaximus

Honorable
However, as it is not many applications actually support touchscreens in a way that benefits it considerably. The only real upside to the additional cost is the windows interface, otherwise it's as good as a hole you throw money into. Which, actually, perfectly describes windows 8.