Question Arthur needs help with Out look e-mail sending and receiving

Status
Not open for further replies.

qrong

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2012
Since November of last year since I down loaded the new Windows I have not been able to access my outlook for e-mail - ever since I downloaded that newest version of Windows I can no longer send or receive e-mails as I used to be able to do. Sending report error (0x800ccc1a) : ‘Your server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method. Contact your mail server administrator or internet service provider (ISP) for additional assistance. How do I correct this. I can receive e-mails from my Yahoo account but not my outlook account. I can get some e-mails from my G-mail account even though I really don't use that account but G-mail is the link I was told to use in case I get locked out of my Outlook account. Please I know someone has the knowability to help me. I don't have that gift of computer savvy like most of you on this Tom's guide has. I have had great success in the past from great assistance - I look forward to the same in this case.

What program are you using to get the mail? You need to go to the support page for whatever mail service you are talking about and see what settings you need. They tell you what the issue is, what you need to change it to only you will know since we don't know what you have anything set to or what is needed.

Thanks for replying to me - I am using MS Outlook 2007 - what support page are you referring to - the MS Outlook page??

No, for whatever email service you are using. There should be a section on how to setup email programs with the service. If you are using Microsoft email, then their support. Outlook is a program to get email, but it's also an email service. Also Outlook 2007 is pretty old, it may not even support newer forms of encryption. Check if there are any service packs you can install for it.

qrong

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2012
No, for whatever email service you are using. There should be a section on how to setup email programs with the service. If you are using Microsoft email, then their support. Outlook is a program to get email, but it's also an email service. Also Outlook 2007 is pretty old, it may not even support newer forms of encryption. Check if there are any service packs you can install for it.

Thank you for replying to me. I don't know what the hell I just did but I went into Microsoft typed in my password and then went into some other stuff on a newer version of outlook did the whole switheroo thing and a few seconds later I'm back up in business. Thanks for your help dude I really appreciate it.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Please don't start a new thread to ask a continuation of this thread:

I just recently synced my outlook 2007 to a more upgraded Outlook. Everything was & is still working fine but every few weeks or days I keep getting this message which says -- {your [email address removed] account settings are out of date.} Okay so now when I click on the blue highlighted LEARN MORE - section it directs me to log into my micro-soft account - okay so after I'm done with that it now gives me the message your account settings are up to date. I'm fine with that - but when I click on the accounts area and think about deleting that particular account. That's the only true account that really matters or should I say the only account that actually gives me e-mails is the one that says Verizon on it. The other one has never given me any e-mails. But when ever I think of deleting that particular account it asks are you sure you want to delete this account - doing so would delete everything associated with that account. Now this is where I get confused are they talking specifically about that particular account or are they talking about both accounts. Meaning if I delete one I now delete both and have to start all over again re-syncing things back together. I just want to get this over and done with. Last time I was on here I got help even though I sort of figured it out on my own but I did really appreciated the help. I know someone has the answer I seek oh please someone - anyone out there please help me obi-won-knobi. This inexperienced Jedi needs your help. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.