Solved! Ask for help choosing a student laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
What's your budget? These games will be lightweight or will require lots of power?

I think these PCs might be too much for studying and lightweight gaming, if that's what you mean. If you're in university, you'll want a PC that you can carry around with your textbooks, as well.

Originally I went for a laptop as a student. But it was too heavy with the textbooks, so I sacrificed some power for a Microsoft Surface 3, which also has a much better battery life even today. I am typing on it right now. I'd assume the newer Surfaces are even better. If your budget is high enough and your games aren't too demanding, I'd recommend checking them out.

But out of these 3 PCs, I am leaning towards the ASUS. I see some claims that it can...

mrmike16

Honorable
What's your budget? These games will be lightweight or will require lots of power?

I think these PCs might be too much for studying and lightweight gaming, if that's what you mean. If you're in university, you'll want a PC that you can carry around with your textbooks, as well.

Originally I went for a laptop as a student. But it was too heavy with the textbooks, so I sacrificed some power for a Microsoft Surface 3, which also has a much better battery life even today. I am typing on it right now. I'd assume the newer Surfaces are even better. If your budget is high enough and your games aren't too demanding, I'd recommend checking them out.

But out of these 3 PCs, I am leaning towards the ASUS. I see some claims that it can get noisy in gaming mode, but it has positive ratings overall. I also see that the MSI has overheating issues with some users and the DELL also has users complaining about overheating and failing motherboards. I used Amazon to look at user reviews, which is generally the first thing I do before buying a computer.

Also, I'd recommend making sure that whatever PC you will be buying is compatible with Windows 11, since that will be officially released very soon- I believe in October.

Reactions: alexsaunders790
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.