Astro a40 compared to beats studio 2.0?

valletitov

Estimable
May 18, 2014
How good are astro a40 compared to beats studio 2.0? Is the sound quality better? Are they also as bassy as beats? Beats studio are the only high end headphones i have ever tried, i know they are extremely overpriced but the sound i still amazing. If astro a40 is as good then im buying them right away!

jaraldo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
From what I read, astro is better for gaming and beats for music. To be honest though, between two $250+ headsets I doubt you will see much if any difference :p

I'd get the cheaper one.

This site is dedicated to sound equipment. You might find a better product there, or at least a more informed answer.
http://www.head-fi.org/t/717894/astro-a40s-or-superlux-hd668b-for-gaming

I saw lots of topics hating on Beats though, I think they are like the Apple of sound stuff; overprice to hell but good quality. :D

beats by dre are not very good headphones. they cost at least double if not triple what they are worth.

with that said, as far as headsets go the astro is pretty well respected though overpriced.

if you already have a soundcard capable of virtual surround (or if you dont care about virtual surround) i would personally use a good pair of studio headphones. if you want better soundstage than perhaps the dt880, dt990 or hd598. if you want very bassy but smaller soundstage perhaps the m50 or dt770. for a mic you could use a modmic.

if you absolutely must have an all in one... perhaps the pc363d (its light on bass but has good sound quality)

realchaos

Honorable
Jan 30, 2013
I would not get Beats. I had two pairs of them before because I got them for 50% off and they are poor quality. Both of them died within a year and the sound quality did not sound as great as it should have.

valletitov

Estimable
May 18, 2014
I just want a gaming headset that has as much bass (really important, im a basshead) and good sound quality as the new beats studio. Also should have a mic, nothing special.

jaraldo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Well, not sure what your needs are or what the budget is, but these are $150 and are said to be the best headset for the price and are for gaming, in many reviews they are supposed to give you a killer bass :)
http://www.amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-DT-990-Pro-250-Professional-Acoustically-Applications/dp/B0011UB9CQ/

I'm more than sure these will be equal to or greater than a Beats Studio headset. (considering how overpriced Beats is in the first place :p )

valletitov

Estimable
May 18, 2014
I dont want a wireless headphone. Is there a mic that can be attached to any headphone? Also whats the difference between dt 990 pro and dt 770 pro?

Btw som reviews say that beats have stronger bass than Beyerdynamics headphones. I know Beats have worse sound quality, but i dont have golden ears and cant hear the difference. I can feel the bass if its stronger though and thats why i want headphones with as strong or stronger bass than beats.

jaraldo

Honorable
Mar 22, 2012
Ok, please edit your OP, so that we know exactly what you want in a headphone.

Beats are overpriced by $150-200, worst case scenario if the dt 990 only gives 85-90% of what Beats does, I guess you have a choice to make. Which is more important, $150 or a bit of increase in bass quality?

Beats are like Apple, the have a fan group who just say they are the best because they pay so much for them :p

If you don't plan to use wireless, a mic stand is $30-40 ( even less if you want)

I am not really an audio expert as I am fine with my $50 headset, I just do googling the same as you ;)
http://www.head-fi.org/t/528681/beyerdynamic-dt990-vs-dt770