Asus 1025c lcd defect?

going_meta

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
When I jiggle or apply any sort of pressure to the frame supporting the lcd, a small ripple occurs in exactly one spot (top left). I'm not gripping it very hard either.

Is this a defect? Would it be worth returning? If the problem is minor, like this is, would ASUS care?

Solution
Hello, My name is Jeffrey and I work for ASUS in the customer loyalty team. Are you touching the lcd panel or just the bezel. Seems that it could be a loose connection. If the unit is still under warranty with the store you purchased it from you should return it for another one. Yes we do care about our customers concerns.

could be a lose data cable to the inverter/data board or a bad lcd if it under warranty get it fix now.

cl-jeffrey

Honorable
Jun 21, 2012
Hello, My name is Jeffrey and I work for ASUS in the customer loyalty team. Are you touching the lcd panel or just the bezel. Seems that it could be a loose connection. If the unit is still under warranty with the store you purchased it from you should return it for another one. Yes we do care about our customers concerns.

Solution

going_meta

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012
I'm not touching the lcd panel at all, just the frame, rim, or the part of the body which holds the lcd panel (whatever it's called).

Would it be possible to do this myself? This is the first time I've ordered a computer online (newegg). This might void the warranty, wouldn't it? I'll read up.