Asus 6 month old problem freezing n power

AKSHAY_47

Prominent
Apr 21, 2017
Hi there,
My computer was running fine until 3 days ago. It started lagging , freezing, all of a sudden . It had the windows encountered error with a weird screeching noise coming out of it . Another problem just appeared, at 50% my laptop turns off instantly when on battery . 4 hrs later , now it shuts off even at 100% . Have to connect the charger to power it back on.Why did this happen? Did overheating create this ? Can anyone help me plz ? I know it's still under warranty but just wondering if there is a quick fix for that cause it seems odd that all of a sudden I get all these problems . I need the laptop to study cause I have exam ATM otherwise would have given it for repair already .

I never gamed on this laptop . However, I do use a lot of demanding software such as solidworks nx catia and visual studio.
The stats on this computer are
12 gb ram
AMD quad core fx 7500 up to 3.3ghz
4cpu+6gpu
It's an assus x550z.

Well in regards to the shutting off, it sounds like you just need a new battery.

In regard to the sound, without knowing the actually error message you got when the sound occurred there is really no way to even tell what it was.

Alas, even though you don't' want to do it, the only way to get it dealt with is going to be to use the warranty and have them do whatever repair it needs and probably also replace the battery.

Continuing to use it, on the charger, shouldn't hurt anything in regard to the battery issue. However I can't say if it will effect whatever the other problem is or not.

NOTE: Do not open it up yourself, as you would most likely void your warranty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
ativsc Laptop Tech Support 1
MidasTouche Laptop Tech Support 0
Samson Ck Laptop Tech Support 3
Y Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
F Laptop Tech Support 1
J Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 1
T Laptop Tech Support 1
S Laptop Tech Support 2
F Laptop Tech Support 1