ASUS Chromebox Brings Chrome OS to Desktop for $179

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dandalf

Distinguished
Sep 18, 2009
Finally a cloud-OS machine that's to be used in a place where connectivity can be assured. This is literally the only chrome computer I'd consider. That being said, I can't help but think it would be cheaper still without the 'Intel Premium' added on top. And who the hell would need an i7 on a chromebox anyway??

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
i would like to have seen a version with wireless, wireless mouse, keyboard and display adapters built in. that way you just put it anywhere in the room sit in your arm chair and watch your/use tv. especially with something like the 4600u in it. just imagine sitting back in your lazy boy, you lift the arm pull out your micro flat keyboard, your top of the line designer mouse and have a game of candy crunch...

HEXiT

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2011
sort of mate, your still gonna be limited by the display cable. as it stands you have to use the 2 usb connectors for your wireless mouse and keyboard as well as running a cable from your display. admittedly at $179 its pretty so buying the wireless HID and display on top wont add that much expense. but i would have preferred it if i could have it completely wireless other than the power plug.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS