ASUS G73JH/G73SW... EIGHT RMAs in 2 years

jimmyfishbean

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
I have noticed several threads where users are having a nightmare with their ASUS laptops, especially the so called 'TOP DOLLAR' G73, G75 gaming machines.

I purchased a G73JH (top of the range in 2010 and paid £1800 UKPounds). I am not a gamer

In the first year I had to send the laptop back 4 times (faulty touchpad 2 times, faulty fans, and the VGA/Motherboard failing). On the 4th RMA, Asus contacted me to offer me a replacement - or £800 (I was basically offered £1000 less than I paid).

Thinking is was possibly a faulty unit, plus what can I buy for £800, I opted for the 2nd hand replacement G73SW).

In the next year, the G73 has been back 3 times (currently it has been away for RMA 6 weeks and still not fixed). Asus keep emailing me that the unit is fixed but undergoing testing. Yeah right, 4+ weeks to test??

I contacted the independent repair centre and they tell me the VGA/Motherboard have been replaced THREE times during this current RMA. All 3 times, they have broken or the parts received from ASUS have been faulty.

I am in the process of suing ASUS, with the backing of my local MP, trading standards and the citizens advice bureau (all UK).

My advice on whether to buy ASUS products is... well, need I say - make up your own mind.

Putting this into perspective, why do people buy a top of the range Mercedes for £90k instead of an Alfa Romeo for £20k? You get what you pay for. A principle clearly not followed by ASUS.

Feel free to email me and I will provide the evidence/proof of the RMAs and the poor correspondence/service received from ASUS (immy1509@gmail.com)

Jimmy

jimmyfishbean

Honorable
Mar 15, 2013
Sorry, I did not complete my sentence.... I was meant to say:

"I am not a gamer and only occassionally play games but wanted a laptop that I can play games on whenever I felt like playing - and also have a laptop with a top spec so there would be no need to replace the laptop for 6+ years".

Cheers,

Jimmy