I have an old Asus G74SX, which after being turned on for a while, shuts off. After shutting off, it won't turn on again for a little while. The computer isn't getting hot, barely surpassing room temperature. I don't know what to do. Can anyone help?
Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help in solving the issue.
- Start by doing a hard reboot, remove the battery and unplug the AC adapter then press and hold the power button for 20 seconds then see if it does the same thing.
- Next is to see if your laptop would still shut down while the battery is out and with just it's charger connected.
- If it would still shut down, test the AC adapter if it's still okay or better yet try another AC adapter that has the same voltage and see if the same problem will persist.
- If it would still shut down that means it's something else inside the laptop (motherboard), clean the inside of it making sure there are not dust on the fans and apply new thermal paste on both the GPU and CPU.
- Worst case is if all these will not work you may need to service the laptop for a repair since it's a motherboard issue.