[ASUS G750JX] Laptops subwoofer sometimes stops working.

AreFlame

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
Hey everyone!

So i have this laptop for school and sometimes gaming when im not home. And i also listen quite often to spotify or watch videos on youtube so the sound for me is important.

Now this computer has its own subwoofer/bass or something like that under it and when i play a video it sometimes stops working so the sound changes dramatically. Sometimes it starts working again after a bit, but if not i have to hit the laptop with my hand slightly. I dont know why this happens but i hope you guys can help, thanks!

Solution
Violence and tech not a good idea. :)

I don't see a way around opening it up then. If it only stops when you hit the device, something is loose, damaged, misaligned, etc.

robert600

Distinguished
Are you actually saying that you you hit the laptop while it is playing a movie lol. While I've been tempted to do this myself several times with various issues (but maybe I'd use a hammer instead of my hand) - I don't think it's the best long term strategy ha ha.

Seriously though, does it only happen when you're playing videos from the net or will it happen if you play say a mp3 or movie that is on your hard drive?

AreFlame

Estimable
Jul 21, 2015
It happens all the time, when im gaming, watching videos and listening to music.
And yes i do hit it in the side to give it a little kick for the subwoofer to work again. The sound gets so hollow when its off and sounds terrible.
I suspect its a bad connection between wires but i want to try something else before i open it up.
And yes i have updated the sound drivers.