Asus Intros Transformer Pad Infinity Tablet Line, More

Status
Not open for further replies.

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]MicroGoliath[/nom]Pretty decent though it won't sell extremely well since it doesn't have a bitten fruit on it. Such a shame.[/citation]
thats it. i am TIRED of the apple hate in this site, why the fu*k cant you accept that apple products are good, in fact, they are great, they are very simple but at the same time usefull and EXCLUSIVE, thats why so many people want them, apple ecosystem is awesome, everything connects together, the quality of their products is A+, the screen on their devices are way beyond any android has to offer, i am not saying android is bad, in fact i have a galaxy s2 just because the size of the screen and my horrible eyesight. There is a reason why apple sell things like hotcakes, and thats because their products are great, and weather you like it or not is going to stay like that for a long time

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]MicroGoliath[/nom]Pretty decent though it won't sell extremely well since it doesn't have a bitten fruit on it. Such a shame.[/citation]

The one with a bitten fruit on it can sell as many as it wants, I absolutely don't give a damn. I know there are better tablets out there from manufacturers willing to push the limits in the name of innovation; while the bitten fruit one's company pa(trolls) around looking for targets in their next lawsuit.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]thats it. i am TIRED of the apple hate in this site, why the fu*k cant you accept that apple products are good, in fact, they are great, they are very simple but at the same time usefull and EXCLUSIVE, thats why so many people want them, apple ecosystem is awesome, everything connects together, the quality of their products is A+, the screen on their devices are way beyond any android has to offer, i am not saying android is bad, in fact i have a galaxy s2 just because the size of the screen and my horrible eyesight. There is a reason why apple sell things like hotcakes, and thats because their products are great, and weather you like it or not is going to stay like that for a long time[/citation]
Umm I didn't see any Apple hate there, he was just making a statement, one that has a lot of truth in it. Overreacting much?

egidem

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]thats it. i am TIRED of the apple hate in this site, why the fu*k cant you accept that apple products are good, in fact, they are great, they are very simple but at the same time usefull and EXCLUSIVE, thats why so many people want them, apple ecosystem is awesome, everything connects together, the quality of their products is A+, the screen on their devices are way beyond any android has to offer, i am not saying android is bad, in fact i have a galaxy s2 just because the size of the screen and my horrible eyesight. There is a reason why apple sell things like hotcakes, and thats because their products are great, and weather you like it or not is going to stay like that for a long time[/citation]

Oh please!

Let's get things straight. Apple is very good at taking an already existing product/concept, tweak it a little, put it in a prettier case, jack up the price for the sake of higher profit margins, then call it magical/revolutionary. Apple then goes ahead and convinces millions to buy/re-buy the product. People are then fooled into believing that the high prices are justified by the "fact" that Apple is the only best. I know of people who believe that Apple invented the touch screen phone or the tablet.

Apple's ecosystem is anything BUT awesome. It's a walled garden that I wouldn't want to live in. There's nothing worse than having you locked inside a constraining environment, limiting you from so many features available in the phone you rightfully purchased. Can't officially look under the hood and tweak the iOS because Apple doesn't like that. It took Apple years to come up with simple concepts like multitasking, folders or even the brain dead idea of customizing wallpapers. Then when they finally played catchup, they declared these features revolutionary! I recently decided to design and program my own home launcher for my android phone. Why? Because I can. Because android's ecosystem is that awesome and easily lets me do such stuff.

If their ecosystem is so awesome, why do millions rejoice every time someone releases a highly anticipated jailbreak for their iDevices? What does that tell you about those people's intentions towards the default environment provided by Apple?? What does it also tell you about Apple's confidence when they're currently on a suing spree just for the sake of eliminating competition and doing everything necessary to halt innovation and pursue their goals towards monopolizing the mobile market?

frozonic

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
[citation][nom]Camikazi[/nom]Umm I didn't see any Apple hate there, he was just making a statement, one that has a lot of truth in it. Overreacting much?[/citation]
I agree, maybe i overreacted but its not that statement that pissed me off, it was every "statement" about apple in the pased couple of months and pisses me off, i am not a apple fan boy but i accept their products are good, maybe overpriced but they are worth it.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]I agree, maybe i overreacted but its not that statement that pissed me off, it was every "statement" about apple in the pased couple of months and pisses me off, i am not a apple fan boy but i accept their products are good, maybe overpriced but they are worth it.[/citation]
Overpriced by definition means not worth it, if they are worth it then they are priced accordingly if they are overpriced it means you are not getting enough compared to what you pay.

imsurgical

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]thats it. ...why the fu*k cant you accept that apple products are good, in fact, they are great, they are very simple but at the same time usefull and EXCLUSIVE, thats why so many people want them...[citation]

"EXCLUSIVE"? To who? People who think they're special enough to fit into that word? Or how bout the people who are ignorant enough to advocate Apple so much and look past whats going, and been going on at Foxconn and still acknowledge them? You actually have a lot of ignorance making such a bold statement, then on top of that saying you have a galaxy s2 because of "the screen" and your "horrible eyesight"? Sounds to me like you're blind beyond your visual acuity.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]frozonic[/nom]thats it. i am TIRED of the apple hate in this site[/citation]
Well we aint going anywhere, so why don't you f**k off to Engadget with all the other "enlightened" iSheep

belardo

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
" arriving in blue, white and red models (sounds patriotic)."
Then you should have said Red, White and Blue.

[citation][nom]egidem[/nom]Oh please! Let's get things straight. Apple is very good at taking an already existing product/concept, tweak it a little, put it in a prettier case, jack up the price for the sake of higher profit margins, then call it magical/revolutionary. Apple then goes ahead and convinces millions to buy/re-buy the product. (RANT RANT)~ they're currently on a suing spree just for the sake of eliminating competition and doing everything necessary to halt innovation and pursue their goals towards monopolizing the mobile market?[/citation]
And what idea would that be? Apple didn't copy MS's tablet initiative... released at the end of 2001 with their dual-mode notebooks... which were heavy and worked like crap, oh and they were NOT cheap. Typical price with a 12" screen was about $2000. Today, $1200~1600 for a ThinkPad, one of the few remaining on the market.

But wait... Apple released the Newton back in..... 1993. Which was a big PDA... then came Palm.

Over-priced? Samsung and others sell tablets for the same price... $500 for a basic model. Give kudos to ASUS for making it a bit cheaper and well made. They are most likely neck and neck with Samsung. Everyone else seems to make me-too junk.

For $500, you a device with two cameras, the best battery, best GPU, best CPU, nice 4:3 screen, WIFI and a device that WORKS out of the box. As an owner of Android and an iPad... Apple's connectivity is best for novices and less headache in someways for experts too.

My Android phone is a bitch to upgrade and has issues that makes me not to ever EVER spend a dime on another Android product. Its a Samsung phone, great screen, looks great... crappy support... GPS is kind of crappy.

Lets compare 1985 tech. $275 was the price for a 320k Floppy drive (I bought one, when I was a kid making $3.50 an hour) and $400 bought you a C=128 with 128k RAM, sound and video... thats it. No drives, modem or monitor. A 320x200 RGB monitor was $300 back then. So a $500 iPad or other tablet is nothing.

About Apple being sue-happy... I'm not impressed with Apple doing that. Its the only thing that makes me NOT want to buy an Apple product. Its stupid for them to do that, it results in everyone suing everyone and lack of innovation.

dekkar

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2010
Apple became not worth it and not cool the day my mother and grandmother got one......

They are the ones that need the brain dead easy interface.... give me something with a bit of meat to it.....

noblerabbit

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2010
Apple was cool back in the days of Motorola, when they tried and succeeded at being different. Now they are intel clones, with a POS (Passworded Operating System) "operating system" across all their devices. They are elitists, and market as such. It turns many of us off, but the rest of them will go buy buy buy...

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
with product pricing, everything is relative. Comparing a product from 2011 to one from 1985 is a bad comparison.

What gives apple it's reputation of overcharging, is their product pricing compared to others with similar or better specs.

eg find a mac pro, then build a pc with the same specs, you will often find the system you build to be over $1000 cheaper, leaving the only real inconsistencies being the case and power supply (which I am sure do not cost $1000 and are most likely a similar cost to a common full sized ATX case.

Apple has very high profit margins on their products compared to other companies. you cant really bash the apple products but you can bash their business practices.

PS asus and samsung and many other companies are just as bad as apple in the tablet space.

PS overpriced just means overpriced, for example some people will buy a half million dollar car where the only thing it has over a $20,000-30,000 car, is horse power, everything else pales in comparison, eg compare interior of Bugatti to that of a ford car from the same time period.

in the end it comes down to the reason why a user purchased a product. if you buy a computer and you want something fast for the money, then getting a mac is a bad choice because for the same price, you can often get another computer that has a faster CPU, more RAM, more hard drive space, and a faster videocard.

It you want a max for the mac look, then a mac is a good choice.

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
sry for the typo, TG does not allow you to edit post.

To further clarify, the ranking of a choice between brands of electronics depends on what the person purchasing the item hopes to gain from it.

If their goal is the get the fastest performance for the money at the time, then apple hardware is not a very good choice. If it is to get a product that look good and is thin, then apple is a good choice.

G

SAMSUNG MAKES BETTER PHONES THAN APPLE AND COST LESS

ASUS MAKES BETTER TABLETS THAN APPLE AND COST LESS

CRAPPLE IS FOR iDiots!

mr_wobbles

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2012
Im a PC fanboy, but I will say that for the technologically retarded Icrap is better. My friends with their Iphones saw my Samsung Android and wanted it. Imma tell it, Apple is a company built on blood money, and as time passes they will only become more ignorant of Open Source, Customization and Competion. They should learn that having Competitors is part of a free market economy. In the meantime Im going to buy one of dem fancy Transformer Infinity Pads and laugh at the Icrap Sheep.

Status
Not open for further replies.