Asus K501U i5 has a fan missing?

Jul 21, 2018
My girlfriend bought a brand new ASUS K501U from Currys PC world ~2 years ago.
Just opened the back up today to clean out the fan/ heatsink as id noticed it was getting rather hot (>80 degrees on gpu) and found that it has only 1 fan, the videos I was watching showed the same laptop but with 2 fans.
My girlfriend was sure it was advertised as having 2 fans, but I'm wondering if just the i7's had 2 fans, it has all the mounts and plug on mobo, but the heat pipe? is cut short and the smaller fan is missing.
Laptop always gets extremely hot when playing games and throttles itself.
Does anybody know what the deal is with the fans, or where I can go to find out?

Video, 2 fans: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7YPS_X79ts&t=3m31s
Video, 1 fan: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c06zewxmrx0

Lutfij

Splendid
On the laptop's shell underside, you should see a sticker mentioning the SKU for your laptop. Pass it on. On another note, you should also go into BIOS to confirm if the SKU and the BIOS sees one and the same. There area number of SKU's to each product line which is why some might have one fan while others have more and the heatpipe count is higher.

To wrap the concern of high temps, what sort of tasks and games do you tax the laptop? The SKU to your laptop will also help in identifying the parts in the laptop. Subsequently it'll also state if you're over taxing the unit.

What TIM did you use to replace the stock thermal paste when servicing the laptop?

Jul 21, 2018

General web browsing, youtube. Games, Sims 3, Cities skylines and things like binding of isaac.
I dont have access to the laptop until later today unfortunately so cannot find the SKU just yet.
Have not serviced yet as I stopped once realizing the difference in the fans, what paste would you recommend?

It looks straight forward to add the double fan assembly to the laptop, could this be an option for me?

Thanks for the reply I was completely lost, I will post the SKU later today

Jul 21, 2018

Hi Lutifj sorry for not getting back sooner,
I have the code from the back of the laptop now, not sure which is correct
Serial number (which matches bios): G8N0CX22097035
CN: 1752
K501UQ-DM011t