Question Asus K551LN turning off when launchin heavy programs or games

Jul 23, 2021
Hello, It is happening in the following manner:
1- I get charger indicator blinking like if I plug and unplug It(while It is still well plugged
2- Then it is indicating like if the battery is not charging
3- It is powering off

The battery is KO (even a little inflated when I open my laptop to see inside) but It is really depending on the battery? Should I change It?

Does It have something with drivers (I installed them from Asus website and with "drivers pack solution".

The problem was escalating slowly from 1st stage for a long period to the 2nd (then It was just powering off)

Thank you!

Specs:
K551LN-X0204H
Input: +19V 3.42A 65W

i7 4500U
GeForce 840M
8Gb ram
1Tb HDD

You need the battery to help carry the load during peak power times. Is the charger the original one that came with the laptop? If not, it may be undersized.

If the battery is really shot, you need to replace it. If you do, try to get your hands on the service manual for your machine (search on the internet) and follow their procedure (especially regarding ESD precautions, which arebmost important).

Jul 23, 2021
Hello AlHuneke, thank you for your time!

Is the charger the original one that came with the laptop? If not, it may be undersized.

There are doubts It is the same (but It is really looking the same)
I was traveling a lot with It, there can be a possibility that someone confused his adapter with mine (or vice-versa) during a conference, I really don't remember having Hebrew on the specs part of the adapter xD I see the voltage but not how many Watts... I will need to verify this ASAP..

You need the battery to help carry the load during peak power times.

If the battery is really shot, you need to replace it. If you do, try to get your hands on the service manual for your machine (search on the internet) and follow their procedure (especially regarding ESD precautions, which arebmost important).

In the service manual, there is only written that I need to go to an authorized Asus service center and use only original battery (but due to the lack of regulations in Ukraine, they are third-party and overpriced like x3 times)

There are video-guides online on how to replace the battery.

I will need to search for original battery manufactured by Asus or It is not really important?

I see different capacities for same model range, do I need just the same battery? Then how can I find new orginial Asus battery?

Thank you!