ASUS K55A-BI5093B GPU?

Solution
Yep, Intel GMA HD 4000. I just got mine last night, it is beautiful! It looks brown on the TigerDirect site but it is a brushed aluminum color like BestBuy. Out of the box has a Windows index of 4.8 (base score based on Graphics/Aero performance) yet strangely it is 6.* for 3d gaming. Gotta try out a game on it.

will305

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Yep, Intel GMA HD 4000. I just got mine last night, it is beautiful! It looks brown on the TigerDirect site but it is a brushed aluminum color like BestBuy. Out of the box has a Windows index of 4.8 (base score based on Graphics/Aero performance) yet strangely it is 6.* for 3d gaming. Gotta try out a game on it.

Solution

skullwarrior

Honorable
May 16, 2012

will305 can you please try world of Warcraft on it and tell me how it runs? can you try these settings:

-set setting slider all the way to low.

-texture resolution-fair

-projected textures-enabled

-view distance-fair

-FPS=?

Then enter a heavy populated town like orgrimmar, or a battleground, or a dungeon and tell me how it runs?

WoW is an old game so i think the intel HD 4000 should be able to run it smoothly. :D

G

I can tell you right now youll get at least 40+fps. Im using a 1st gen i3 and integrated graphics(intel 1000 or 2000) and got 35 in org last night at all low/fair settings. In a 5 man dungeon i was at about 25 with spells during a boss fight. Yours is considerably faster than mine. SO expect better results and to be able to turn up the settings a bit.

Heres a link to my CPU on my laptop.
http://ark.intel.com/products/43529/Intel-Core-i3-350M-Processor-%283M-Cache-2_26-GHz%29

will305

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Yeah the card is pretty capable... I will try it out though just for the heck of it and post back. I did try minecraft and i got like 45 avg FPS in fullscreen with default settings and no graphics mods (optifine).

will305

Honorable
Sep 14, 2012
Just tried it out and it looks nice! I have never played WoW so I didn't explore much but where I spawned, walked around a bit... attacked a few creatures. With your settings as mentioned, except the graphic slider I left at fair instead of low, I get between 50-80 fps. I may have to try this game out a little more, lol. Hope that helps.

skullwarrior

Honorable
May 16, 2012
Just tried it out and it looks nice! I have never played WoW so I didn't explore much but where I spawned, walked around a bit... attacked a few creatures. With your settings as mentioned, except the graphic slider I left at fair instead of low, I get between 50-80 fps. I may have to try this game out a little more, lol. Hope that helps.

will thank you for taking the time to do that, its a fun game. yarmock thank you for the feedback, if you can run it on the hd 2000/3000 then it should definitely run on a hd 4000.

i think i will order this laptop tonight then. for 479 its a great deal. :sol:

justfarley

Distinguished
Nov 12, 2009
Wanted to say a great big Thank You to all who took part in this discussion. Cause yesterday I found the laptop you were talking about here: ASUS K55A-BI5093B at Tiger Direct for $439.12 final toll.
Can't wait to have it on my doorstep, and I really appreciate the opportunity for learning that you guys, and a site like this offers to those of us who are students of the game.
Be well and prosper.
justfarley