Asus K55A - No BIOS after enabling Fast-boot and dual-boot (Hackintosh)

glitchypixel

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014
Hello, I'm having a big problem here. I was installing OS X Yosemite on my Asus K55A (using Clover EFI) and then once it installed, I enabled Fast Boot and disabled Launch CSM. Now, when I try to boot I hear the POST noises, the lights are on (the HDD light turns on for about 2 seconds) except it shows a blank screen.

What I have tried:

• ■ All different keys Function keys
    ■ Taking out all power supplies (incl. Battery, AC adapter)
    ■ Holding the power button for 45 seconds
    ■ Booting without the hard drive

What I'm about to try

• ■ Reading my SATA drive using an HD Enclosure and formatting my Mac partition and moving out the Clover EFI

What I DON'T want to try (unless it's the last resort):

• ■ Taking out the CMOS battery (to reset the BIOS)

TL;DR: Can't boot into BIOS (blank screen) after enabling Fast Boot, POST working on K55A (OS X is the first boot option)...

Could someone please help me with this?

vaconcamp

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012

Why don't you want to take out the CMOS battery? It would reset all the settings but it would fix your problem. If you don't want to take it out because you don't have easy access to it, you can short the CMOS jumper if there is one on your motherboard that is easier to access than the battery itself.

glitchypixel

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014

I know where it is and I just tried to do it except... I'm not sure how to pry that part open.

vaconcamp

Honorable
Sep 1, 2012
There should be a little tab that you can push out to release the battery. That's true on desktops, not sure about laptops though. But taking it out will most likely fix your problem. Other than that, I'm not sure what to tell you.

glitchypixel

Estimable
Feb 19, 2014

I don't mean that, I mean prying the keyboard off to access it...