ASUS keyboar messed up after pressing something. Help!

Ana B

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I was playing dota 2 on my ASUS laptop and after closing the game, keyboard was not working properly. Number 3 key not working, when pressing `alt` it types `z` etc. I really don`t know what I could`ve pressed. Backspace also not working. I`ve tried turning num lock on and off, holding ctrl+shift and other combinations with on-screen keyboard, because I don`t know how my actual keyboard works now. What could have triggered this and how to get back normal keyboard? Also few keys turn on ASUS DVD menu screen and other built in ASUS programs. I`m getting really desperate, because nothing helps. I have windows 10.

Solution
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.
Try this...

1. Uninstall the keyboard driver.
2. Reboot the computer (without reinstalling the driver).
3. When it restarts, it should reinstall the driver on its own.

If this doesn't work, you may wish to try connecting an external keyboard and see if it works fine. If it does, then it could be the keys themselves that are the issue.

Solution

Ana B

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017

Big thanks! I tried this and now at least keys are typing right again. Only thing, the backspace and number 3 keys are still not working, so I assume, something`s wrong with the keys themselves.