ASUS Laptop battery drains unusually fast.

Jun 20, 2018
I own an ASUS laptop since 3 years ago. I first loaded it with Windows 8 and everything's fine. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 (approx. a year ago) it drains really quickly. 100% of battery life can drop completely (to ~7%) in less than an hour (I use balanced power setting) and it charges in only half an hour.
I tried changing the battery from my local store with a 'supposedly' original ASUS's battery, yet this problem still persists.

Solution
Well, either the stuff you have on it now is running constantly, even stuff in the background, which is draining it quickly, or that battery they gave you that is supposedly an OEM battery either was faulty or it really wasn't OEM.

First check the system to make sure nothing is running that shouldn't be. And also check for viruses, malware, etc. And anything running that you don't really need (unless it is put there by the system) you should consider not running all the time as well. Some programs when you install them auto install things to make the program load as soon as you start Windows. Draining your power.

Should none of this resolve it, then take the device back to the store and have them open it up in front of you and show...
Jun 20, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from kevinyuwonoo : "ASUS Laptop battery drains unusually fast."

I own an ASUS laptop since 3 years ago. I first loaded it with Windows 8 and everything's fine. Since I upgraded to Windows 10 (approx. a year ago) it drains really quickly. 100% of battery life can drop completely (to ~7%) in less than an hour (I use balanced power setting) and it charges in only half an hour.
I tried changing the battery from my local store with a 'supposedly' original ASUS's battery, yet this problem still persists.

Well, either the stuff you have on it now is running constantly, even stuff in the background, which is draining it quickly, or that battery they gave you that is supposedly an OEM battery either was faulty or it really wasn't OEM.

First check the system to make sure nothing is running that shouldn't be. And also check for viruses, malware, etc. And anything running that you don't really need (unless it is put there by the system) you should consider not running all the time as well. Some programs when you install them auto install things to make the program load as soon as you start Windows. Draining your power.

Should none of this resolve it, then take the device back to the store and have them open it up in front of you and show you battery. It will be pretty easy (and obvious) if it is a true OEM (Original equipment manufacturer) battery.

Solution