Asus Laptop terrible fps

Kiwi_strider

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014
My specs are-
CPU: Intel Core i7-4720HQ CPU @ 2.60GHz
GPU: GeForce GTX 960M
Ram: 16.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)

I am on an asus ROG laptop that i bought about a year ago and i have fiddled with this thing so much to get it to work properly, multiple os re installs, changing power settings, updating drivers. For some reason games run like absolute shit, i have the Intel integrated graphics turned off and the 960m set as my main gpu for the laptop, all the power setting are set on max performance. For an example of how slow it is running i downloaded the sims 4 today and it runs like im playing on a calculator i have everything on low and it is lagging! Some reason some games run well and some dont like right now im playing the new doom at semi high settings at around 30 or 40 fps or so which i am happy with, but it makes no since why a game like the sims is running terribly. I Set it to high priority in task manager, updated my graphics drivers but it still runs terrible. I just dont know what to do.

Mark RM

Estimable
Jul 16, 2014
That's a fairly slow GPU, what resolution are you running? There's no way a 960m will give you much in terms of performance for modern gaming, though it's not apples to apples an old HD 7790 is about 30 per cent faster.

Kiwi_strider

Estimable
Nov 30, 2014

I can play the new doom on medium to high setting at 35 fps So there is no reason that the sims should be running at 5fps