Asus laptop wont boot or start, but LED lights are on and a strange sound is coming from my hdd or motherboard

kaigreenlover2

Commendable
May 24, 2018
I have an Asus Notebook Pc (x200m). I turned my laptop off one night and it hasnt turned on since.

I have already tried taking the battery out and holding the power button 30 secs and even longer and nothing has happened.
I have tried an external monitor also and nothing happened.

The only thing responsive are my LED lights, they appear when I plug my charger in. And there is also a weird noise coming from my laptop when I attempt to turn it on, like a wiring noise. I'm not sure how to explain it but the sound has 'error' all over it sounding like a malfunction. It doesnt continue for long though, only when the orange light appears and disappears.

Any ideas or diagnoses on what's going on?

*When I push the power button and hold it, the laptop makes a weird noise sounding like its either coming from my motherboard or my hdd
*Here's a video

https://youtu.be/-wB7BRAgdaQ

It may well be on then, but not the display. Try this...

1. Turn the laptop off (not sleep or hibernate but off).
2. Connect an external monitor to the laptop.
3. Turn on the external monitor.
4. Turn on the laptop.

NOTE: You may have to press an "external monitor" button. Could be the f4 button or a button with two monitors on it, for the external monitor to work.

If you can see fine on the external monitor, then your attached display, or the ribbon cable that connects it, are your problem.

If you can't see on the external monitor at all, or the problem occurs on the external monitor as well, then it is probably the graphics card/GPU that is the problem, which may require the motherboard be replaced.

kaigreenlover2

Commendable
May 24, 2018
Thank you for the solution but sadly it didnt work. I just updated my question with some more details and a video. If you could, could you please take some time whenever you have it to look at the video?

kaigreenlover2

Commendable
May 24, 2018

Thank you for the solution but sadly it didnt work. I just updated my question with some more details and a video. If you could, could you please take some time whenever you have it to look at the video?

kaigreenlover2

Commendable
May 24, 2018

I connected it to my Samsung computer monitor and turned my laptop on but 'Check Signal Cable' appeared on the external display.

I also connected it to my TV but nothing happened, both screens remained black after connecting.

kaigreenlover2

Commendable
May 24, 2018

Yes, I clicked the key, nothing happened. :(

kaigreenlover2

Commendable
May 24, 2018

Okay, Thank you. Is there something specific I should be looking for?