Heath121

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
In 2014 my classmate and I built my computer. I'm using an Asus p8z68-v motherboard. I decided to reinstall Windows 7 just to start fresh. I ran the drivers and utilities CD/DVDs and installed all the drivers, but I do not have Internet access. Is this because the drivers that were installed are out of date?

The only Internet access I have right now is on my iPad. But I can't get Internet on my desktop. My modem and adapter are working just fine. I don't know what to do right now. I understand that some people can download drivers onto a flash and then install them that way, but I don't have that option.

Hi,

Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help.
- Start by making sure that the Network Adapter is listed normally in Device Manager.
- If it's listed normally it shouldn't have any icon on it like a Yellow Exclamation mark.
- If it does, right click on it and uninstall the Network Adapters again.
- Reinstall its driver using the disc that came with your motherboard again it should work just fine even if it's not the latest driver.
- If this will not work unfortunately your only option would be to download all the recommended driver that your PC needs from Asus Support site.
- Here's the link: https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8Z68V/HelpDesk_Download/

Heath121

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016

There is an exclamation mark next to network controller. I uninstalled, and reinstalled the drivers, but it's still there.
Even if I wanted to download drivers I have no way of installing it on my desktop. I only have my iPad. I'm stuck.

Heath121

Commendable
Mar 9, 2016
Update: I went out and bought a router. I only had a modem and an apple express airport with only one lan port. So, I'm connected, but now I just have to find the drivers.