greigm

Estimable
Nov 3, 2015
Hello
My Asus N550 laptop will not switch on.
It was shut off at night and disconnected from the mains and the next day would not switch on, completely dead.
I have tried the battery and charger with a friends identical laptop and they function normally and his battery and charger with mine but my laptop will not switch on.
We tried removing as many components as possible ( hard-drive, DVD reader etc) and still nothing.
After using his charger with my laptop it would not charge his until we had unplugged it for a few seconds (suggesting that the short circuit protection had kicked in?).
My battery shows 16V when tested seperately but almost nothing when installed in the laptop (again short circuit protection?).
Also there seems to be no voltage detectable anywhere on the motherboard.
Any help or suggestions would be appreciated
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If the laptop is still under the factory warranty I suggest to contact ASUS support so they have the laptop sent to a repair. But do try some troubleshooting steps as well like reseating the RAM, take them off the laptop for couple of minutes, put them back in making sure that they are seated properly. If these doesn't work don't take anymore chances that may damage the laptop and void the warranty.