Asus N552VX battery drain

thps08

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
After a few weeks of use, I see, and specially now that I was out two weeks for holidays that the laptop is draining battery a lot.
For example, after those two weeks, battery was at about the half.
The OS is Windows 10 Home, and I previously changed the power configuration option to power off the laptop nstead of suspending when pushing the power off button.
What else can I do to avoid battery consumption when my laptop is powered off.

Solution
When I said irrelevant, I precisely mean when laptop is off, Windows isn't even loaded, it's not running, nothing is running.

Now when you said OFF, you saw Windows saying "Shutting down..." right.

Also, from one of my other machine, it has some wake up feature, configurable through BIOS, to tell the machine to wake up at intervals to perform maintenance tasks. I forget if it can wake up from completely off, or I had to leave it in a sleep state for this to function.

If you left it on a sleep state instead of completely off, all bets are off.

Now that I think about it, BIOS do have a timer/wake up function, but I never use it. If I want to wakeup, I let the OS control it, not BIOS. So you may wanna look into that whether you...
I agree that's a lot of drainage for 2 weeks off.

Bad news is, there is nothing you can do. What you got in there and what software you are using is irrelevant. The box is OFF and therefore should, in theory draw ZERO power (OK not true, a very minuscule is always drawn, but very MINUSCULE). If ur not happy and within return period, return it!

Did you buy this puppy used? What the batt's Charge Cycle? Has the genuine batt in it or a third party?

thps08

Commendable
Aug 30, 2016
Thanks for your help, the laptop is a brand new one, just purchased a few weeks ago.
I want to further investigate where is the problem, first I want to know if this is a hardware/bios issue or it is Windows 10 issue.
I know that Windows 10 has several parametes to configure for a faster loading time, so I will look here also.

When I said irrelevant, I precisely mean when laptop is off, Windows isn't even loaded, it's not running, nothing is running.

Now when you said OFF, you saw Windows saying "Shutting down..." right.

Also, from one of my other machine, it has some wake up feature, configurable through BIOS, to tell the machine to wake up at intervals to perform maintenance tasks. I forget if it can wake up from completely off, or I had to leave it in a sleep state for this to function.

If you left it on a sleep state instead of completely off, all bets are off.

Now that I think about it, BIOS do have a timer/wake up function, but I never use it. If I want to wakeup, I let the OS control it, not BIOS. So you may wanna look into that whether you enable that timer by accident. It should had come disabled by default.

Solution

Masoud_1

Commendable
May 19, 2016

I have the same problem with Asus N552VW.
Battery drain is about 4% per 24 while laptop is power off.
Did you find a solution?

Conant69

Prominent
Jul 24, 2017
Hello everybody,

I have the same problem with my brand new n752VX, Is there anyone who found something about it?
I would appreciate your help, I tried everything but unsuccessfully. :-(

thank you
Antonio

Oct 19, 2018
hi guys
i have same problem on my ASUS N552vw. it has non removable battery
battery can not fully charged
i plug in ac adapter and when in game battery drop instead charging and when the batry drop to 30% the game have problem with VGA and screen lag
what should i do to solve this problem ?
is it possible to open back cover and remove battery connector and just use with ac adapter ?