Asus N552XV: questions

Mariateresa

Prominent
May 11, 2017
I bought this laptop because there was a substantial discount. My version of this model has an i-7 processor (my exact model is Asus n552vx-fw131t i7-6700hq) so I hoped to have a super-fast computer. Incredibly, the surfing is much slower than with my 7-year-old Samsung with a Celeron processor; I wonder if I have to change the internet bandwidth?

Solution
The only other thing that I can think of is a pretty rare for laptops... There is a very tiny chance that when the WiFi card was installed, the two antenna wires connected to it were reversed. That means you will need to remove the bottom cover, find the WiFi card and switch the wires around. If doing so makes it worse then switch them back to their original position.

It could be possible that the WiFi card is simply not really good so you may need to purchase a better one and install it in your laptop. That may or may not be the case though. You may want to search around for reviews of the laptop to see if other people are complaining about slow internet connections.

Mariateresa

Prominent
May 11, 2017

Thanks a lot for your help. I have checked the device as you suggested, but it's already set on "Auto". How do I update the WiFi drivers? Thanks for your patience.

The only other thing that I can think of is a pretty rare for laptops... There is a very tiny chance that when the WiFi card was installed, the two antenna wires connected to it were reversed. That means you will need to remove the bottom cover, find the WiFi card and switch the wires around. If doing so makes it worse then switch them back to their original position.

It could be possible that the WiFi card is simply not really good so you may need to purchase a better one and install it in your laptop. That may or may not be the case though. You may want to search around for reviews of the laptop to see if other people are complaining about slow internet connections.

Solution

Mariateresa

Prominent
May 11, 2017

Thanks Jaguar for your precious help. I still wonder if I should change the bandwidth of internet. I'll keep you updated. Have a nice day!