Asus notebook model E402M showing black screen

Aug 28, 2018
Hi hoping to get some help please. When I turn on my Asus notebook there is just a blank black screen with a cursor mouse and I can't get passed this. I tried sticky key method but only get option for yes or no and nothing else and no matter which option I choose, nothing happens. I also tried leaving it for a while but nothing changes.
Can someone help me re this please? I'm not tech savvy at all.
Thanks

Solution
Do you mean you have a blinking cursor on the top left corner or does it load Windows and you get the mouse cursor but nothing else? The blinking cursor is because the system cant find the boot sector on the drive to boot from, maybe a failed hard drive, maybe some BIOS setting was changed. Check in the BIOS for the drive mode, you will probably see ATA (Legacy), AHCI and RAID, if it's not AHCI, set it to that and see if it works after that. You can remove the drive from the computer and use a USB enclosure to copy your user files out for backup before you do anything else. You may need to do a full clean Windows setup, possibly on a different hard drive.
Aug 28, 2018
Hi no option to start in safe mode is coming up its literally just a black screen with cursor. I tried turning off and back on and even left for a few days before trying again. Thanks for your help.

The option for safe mode would be before Windows loads, you need to hit F8 as the system is starting.

Aug 28, 2018

This isn't working either

Do you mean you have a blinking cursor on the top left corner or does it load Windows and you get the mouse cursor but nothing else? The blinking cursor is because the system cant find the boot sector on the drive to boot from, maybe a failed hard drive, maybe some BIOS setting was changed. Check in the BIOS for the drive mode, you will probably see ATA (Legacy), AHCI and RAID, if it's not AHCI, set it to that and see if it works after that. You can remove the drive from the computer and use a USB enclosure to copy your user files out for backup before you do anything else. You may need to do a full clean Windows setup, possibly on a different hard drive.

Solution