Asus S550CB Laptop shuts off without any warning

Perx2290

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
i have no idea whats wrong with my Laptop, but it shuts off randomly. When it does this its like ripping out the battery of the computer meanwhile its running.

it does this once a week, and im really annoyed about it, since this is my School pc.

Help would me much appreciated
Specs
Nordic version
Windows 10
8 gb ddr3 ram
Intel i5-3337u 1.80 Ghz
Nvidia geforce 740M
500 gb 5400 rpm/ hitachi

I really hope some of you guys can help

Solution

Definitely hardware/electrical failure. The only other cause for sudden power loss/shutdowns is heat, but that's considerably simpler to isolate and fix.

You could go with a new system if you want. Replacing laptop hardware can be pretty involved and can sometimes be pricey, especially if you have to take it to a technician. Lenovo makes good systems, just do your research on the model(s) you're interested in...

Perx2290

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
There is no pattern what so ever, it have crashed in Word 2013, Half-Life 2, Skype and on the desktop running idle

I have tried reinstalling Windows 10 and checked the battery with a multimeter and it should be all fine (Im studying to be an electrician, so i know how to handle a multimeter by now)
I have gotten a new charger with the same outputs
i did a ram test with no errors
it runs Furmark and Unigine: valley with no failures (other than the old GPU struggling to keep up)
it has been cleaned for dust plenty of times with the right set of tools
and it has never reached temperatures higher than 75C

Sudden shutdowns are hard to troubleshoot. This could be the main board, or possibly the CPU. Your CPU should be removable, so if it comes down to replacing that (or any component), at least you don't have to replace the entire board then. On the same token, if the board is failing, then you won't be looking at replacing a board + CPU combo (where CPUs are soldered to the motherboard).

Perx2290

Commendable
Mar 1, 2016
So its a hardware issue? Im convinced that it is a bad solder on the motherboard, because its really cold when i start it up (around -5C to 10C) and the pc gets a lot of torture by being in my backpack. Wouldn't it be better to just buy a new Lenovo laptop? ive heard that they are very strong and dont break as easily?

Definitely hardware/electrical failure. The only other cause for sudden power loss/shutdowns is heat, but that's considerably simpler to isolate and fix.

You could go with a new system if you want. Replacing laptop hardware can be pretty involved and can sometimes be pricey, especially if you have to take it to a technician. Lenovo makes good systems, just do your research on the model(s) you're interested in before buying; a series might have an idiosyncrasy or two you can avoid by checking out what people are saying about it. Notebookcheck.net is also a good resource for in-depth reviews.

Solution