Asus SmartGesture sucks

dryphi

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013
Asus SmarGesture is literally the worst piece of crap ever developed. Can I please replace it with some better firmware on my Asus Q550LF?

Half the time I open my computer two finger scrolling doesn't work. Two-finger scrolling is literally the only part about SmartGesture I care about. This technology has been around for over a decade and Asus still can't implement it. When it doesn't work, I open the Smart Gesture app from the "quick launch" tool bar, and it takes a very long time (minutes) just to open. I try to disable then re-enable two-finger scroll, and it still doesn't work. I have to restart my computer every or every other day because this dumb driver doesn't actually work. Please, Asus, make a better way to have two finger scrolling. Thanks

dryphi

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

I wish... I don't think the Elan trackpad drivers are available for the Asus Q550LF. At least, I haven't found any way to obtain them every time I've looked. Do you know something I don't?

dryphi

Honorable
Jun 4, 2013

That link just took me to the Asus download site. From there I could download Asus SmartGesture and yes I already have that.
It seems there's no way to use an alternate driver.
I'll try the DriverAssist.
EDIT: DriverAssist identified a bunch of allegedly out of date drivers then asked me to register. Anyway the mouse driver it said was most recent.