ASUS STRIX Pro vs Razer Kraken Pro

Hoyzon

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
Hey guys, i'm looking for a headset for my PC, since my family doesn't want to hear my musics or my gaming sound coming from my 75W RMS. And i too, decided that is about time for me to get my Headset and to talk with friends in the Skype.

Well, i have these both headsets listed above, the Strix it's a bit expensive than the Kraken Pro, but worth it? I mean, the look of this Strix headset it's a beast, but i dont know how it performs, i've tried to search for reviews, but only found reviews of the 7.1 Version, which it's much more expensive and doesn't sell in my country. What do you guys think i should choose and why, thanks.

you should start off with:

-what is your budget?
-what country?
-do you have a soundcard? what motherboard?
-what kind of sound you want?
-is virtual surround needed or just optional?

generally speaking the kraken is junk, as are most "gaming headsets". the strix is a bit better however can not hold a candle to headsets designed by actual headphone companies. my suggestion would be to either go with headphones with a separate mic (such as hd518 or ad500x paired with a mic) or get something like a hyper x cloud, pc350/pc360/game zero/game one.

if you needed virtual surround and your motherboard doesnt support it i'd just get the free razer software or a soundcard like the dg which does.

Hoyzon

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
Hey friend, thanks for the quickly response, i was up to pay a bit more for the Premium like the Strix Pro. Here it costs R$500.00 ($190 With Taxes) and the Kraken Pro costs R$340.00 ($110 With Taxes), my country is Brazil, i don't have a soundcard, my Motherboard it's MSI H97 Gaming 3 with the Sound Blaster Cinema integrated, i personally don't know what it's virtual sourround.

I'll upgrade my PC to Skylake in the beggining of 2016, January to February, well, and now, i belive that i'm gonna start now with the Peripherals such as Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse, Headset and stuffs, and end up buying the Hardware in 2016. I think that i was up to buy the ROG GK2000 Keyboard and the Buzzard GX860 mouse, but ROG Peripherals are much expensive and hard to find in my country, and i'm impressed i was able to find the Strix Pro Headset here.

Hoyzon

Estimable
Aug 7, 2014
Great models you listed above, but unfortunately, they exceeded my budget for now, do you believe that the Strix still a good choice? Also, if it is comfortable to use. I also wanted to know, if the Pro model, includes the Lightning effect as the 7.1 does? Thanks.