Asus stuck in Aptio

Jake_93

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I have an Asus F556UA that I tried to open up and dry off the keyboard after I spilled coffee on it. Once I put it back together and turned it on, it went straight to the Aptio Setup Utility and I can't get it to do anything else. Did I total my laptop?

Try the following and see if it resolves the problem.

1. In the Aptio Setup Utility, select the "boot" menu and then select "Launch CSM" and change it to "enable".

2. Next select the "Security" menu and then select "secure Boot Control" and change to "disable".

3. Now select "Save & Exit" and press "yes".

4. Once you have done this, hold down the "power" button until the laptop turns off completely.

5. Now you want to power it back on and continually press the "F9" button for about ten seconds or until you are taken to the "Windows Recovery Menu".

6. In here select "Advanced Start Up" and then, once the recovery menu appears, select "Advance Options".

7. Choose "System Restore" and select a date prior to when the problem started.

The computer should now go through the restore process and then start normally for you.

Jake_93

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I'm not sure, I never figured out how to remove the keyboard without feeling like I was going to break something, but I tried to dry of everywhere that I found liquid, especially the SSD because I read somewhere the Aptio thing could have something to do with the hard drive.

And it is quite normal for something to still be in there. Especially if not a clear liquid. It can leave a sticky residue.

I am not sure how simple it is on that particular device. Asus is great at making it different for even devices within the same number setup.However, in most of their devices the keyboard can be removed. Sometimes from the front and sometimes through the whole darn laptop. Wish I could help with it. I can't even find anything on that specific one online. Only vids were for Asus X550 Series ... https://youtu.be/JmezjXlckEY and Asus k56c ... https://youtu.be/9B1D6SwC638

Jake_93

Commendable
Oct 20, 2016
I removed all the components again (keyboard cannot be removed from the top), and there doesn't appear to be any liquid or residue anywhere. Although I still can't figure out how to remove the keyboard itself. The YouTube video you linked shows the keyboard is attached with those little rubber stubs but mine seems to just be directly attached to the chassis itself and doesn't look like it's meant to be removable, or at least not to me.

Hmm, yeah I couldn't find any instruction at all on your direct device. It would be nice if they gave info on the layouts. I am not sure if it can be opened or not at this point. I wish I could say, but they make them all so different.

If anyone else out there has any ideas, please do speak up.