ASUS T100TA vs Aspire Switch 10.1 SW5

Trustdesa

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013
Hi Guys,

I have a trusted Nexus 7 however more and more times I find that Tablets with Android are completely useless for too many things except browsing the web and emails so I am looking to get a Windows 8.1 tablet for when I am out and about.

I am a gamer but of course I am using my desktop PC for that, but the again I see that both the tablet-laptop Asus and Acer can do some good retrogaming.

The Acer seems to have a very good design and brighter display however it seems to have any sort of issue, brightness, bloatware and a very concerning issue with the Windows Button and volume which is a sign of a very bad engineering as it seems to be caused by electricity, which does not surprise me from Acer really...

Have you got experience with these two devices? Which one would you suggest?

Solution
i have a aspire switch. it works as a portable typewriter, so as far as that goes, it does its job. you can also play some visual novels on it, tor works, so, it is kinda ok...
the only thing i recommend is to get off the bloatware - mcafee antivirus (and switch it for comodo+avast or any firewall and antivirus you may like) and the acer experience program.
also, 2 GB of memory can be limiting as some web pages are quite memory hungry, not to mention google chrome which can hog quite a bit memory.

but you can not go wrong with either of them (asus scores better in the reviews, but acer had bigger resolution for the same price...), just check the display for resolution and clarity, memory, and pay attention to the dock as it may hold...

random stalker

Honorable
Feb 3, 2013
i have a aspire switch. it works as a portable typewriter, so as far as that goes, it does its job. you can also play some visual novels on it, tor works, so, it is kinda ok...
the only thing i recommend is to get off the bloatware - mcafee antivirus (and switch it for comodo+avast or any firewall and antivirus you may like) and the acer experience program.
also, 2 GB of memory can be limiting as some web pages are quite memory hungry, not to mention google chrome which can hog quite a bit memory.

but you can not go wrong with either of them (asus scores better in the reviews, but acer had bigger resolution for the same price...), just check the display for resolution and clarity, memory, and pay attention to the dock as it may hold many useful things (extra battery or a 500 GB drive)...

Solution

Trustdesa

Honorable
Nov 2, 2013

Thank you Random!

I have decided to go with the Asus, I have Googled the Acer and it seems to have any sort of issue, 99% of people complain about the narrator because of bad design flaw and static electricity keeping "pressed down" the windows button to mention the most silly one... shame as the design was very good!

by the way I have got to know DuOS that allow Android app to be run within Windows, so far I have tested it on my PC and it is AMAZING so I look forward to test that on my Asus T100 when it arrives!