Solved! ASUS touchpad not working after new motherboard

gracielachua33

Commendable
Apr 19, 2018
Hi guys, so I just got back my laptop (ASUS X455L) after a newly installed motherboard, fortunately it was covered by the warranty but when I tested it out, at first, the touchpad worked but none of its features (gestures) worked so I gave it back. After 2 days I got it back and found out the touchpad works in an "on-off" manner. I want to know if there is another solution than a suggested "reformat" or something that will be done with the system. I really can't bear this headache anymore so suggestions and advices are welcome! Thank you!

Solution
OK! I ran into this once. When putting everything back together, and plugged in things like keyboard and others, I didn't get it plugged in straight, so it wasn't making a good connect.These plugs has to be dead on to work. Hope this helps!

gracielachua33

Commendable
Apr 19, 2018

If what you mean is to find for "updates" then yes I did, it just said that the driver is already updated :(

UPDATE: I uninstalled the ATK Package and ASUS Smart Gesture and rebooted. I then installed the ATK (then rebooted) and Smart Gesture (and rebooted) but the touchpad again, failed to work. After a few trials, I found out that if you install the ATK Package alone (and rebooted), the touchpad works but fails to make the gestures happen. If you install both, the touchpad fails to function at all. Any suggestions and/ bits of advice? I would gladly appreciate it. Thank you!

ronpar

Estimable
Aug 17, 2016
OK! I ran into this once. When putting everything back together, and plugged in things like keyboard and others, I didn't get it plugged in straight, so it wasn't making a good connect.These plugs has to be dead on to work. Hope this helps!

Solution