Asus Transformer Computer Trojan Warning

IRELAND123

Honorable
Dec 6, 2013
My Asus t300 tablet which I bought last Christmas has just gotten message through Firefox saying ' Your phone is infected, Your android tablet has a fatal trojan which was gotten by accessing adult websites, Press here (green button) to get rid of it". I didn't press the green button. I transferred all data off the computer and did a factory reset. I reinstalled firefox and a bit later the same notice came up. I uninstalled firefox and reinstalled it and so far nothing (5 hours). I also installed malwarbytes from google play and it scanned the computer and found nothing. Should I be worried? Is my asus infected?

Solution
Just ignore it don't worry everything is fine with the tablet,it is just some antivirus company doing popups to convince you,you have a virus so you can download their software

ldewitt

Honorable
Sep 27, 2013
Wow to be honest i rock malwarebytes on my PC at home and love it and never knew that they have it for android now. But i will now get it. I would try Lookout mobile security also and do a scan with that. Let us know what you find.

nick3232

Distinguished
Nov 10, 2011
Just ignore it don't worry everything is fine with the tablet,it is just some antivirus company doing popups to convince you,you have a virus so you can download their software

Solution

bethesda521

Estimable
Mar 15, 2014
I know this is late but all it is is spam they want your passwords and pics and location don't push the button I did but I didn't download it it's from the latest jellybean update:pfff: