ASUS UL30VT-A1 notebook work well with current Windows 10?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WolfsDogs

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Can I update my Windows to Windows 10 Home without problems? According to Microsoft forums they say it will work fine but are they sure. I have a ASUS UL30V-A1 notebook and here's the specs. Will Windows 10 detect all the right drivers and work fine? I know that Windows 10 now is a lot more stable and better so I wonder if now they will detect right drivers and make the notebook work. Look at the specs and see if it will work for sure like Microsoft says. Thank you

Intel SU7300 Core 2 Duo 1.3GHz Processor

4GB of DDR3 RAM

500GB SATA Hard Drive (5400 RPM), No Optical Drive

NVidia G210M Graphics with 512MB DDR3 + Intel GMA 4500MHD (Switchable VGA); Windows 7

Home Premium (64 bit) Operating System

13.3-Inch Widescreen HD LED LCD Display; Wi-Fi 802.11 bgn; Bluetooth; 0.3M Webcam

Solution
Can't offer a solution. On July 13 I attempted to install win 10 on my have an ASUS UL30VT (win 7). Microsoft sent a message stating that win 10 can't be installed because NVIDIA Geforce 210N does not support win 10. (http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1427983-win-10-gar-inte-att-installera-pa-asus-ul30vt-med-gforce-g210m-getforce-driver-sakanas) On July 29, after downloading and installing a NVIDIA driver ( 341.74-notebook-win10-64bit-international.exe) I made a new attempt to install win 10 and again installation did not start and I got the same negative message from Microsoft.
My Notebook is named ASUS UL30VT , yours is UL30V-A1 and perhaps you had greater success.
Hi,

Yes, you can upgrade your laptop to Windows 10 but about if i'm sure that you won't run into any problems, that i'm not sure because based from the forum post that I've answered about Windows 10 problems there are still tons of bugs with that OS. I would suggest just stick with Windows 7 for the meantime and I can make sure that it's better than Windows 10 since i've been using it from more than 6 years now with no problem. :)

WolfsDogs

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Well the reason why I was asking is since I want to get it while it's free. I will have no choice to upgrade it to Windows 10 before July 29 this year. But should I wait till close to then? Also does Windows 10 have drivers for the video even since it's a hybrid meaning it has two cards one is a Intel GMA 4500MHD and one is a dedicated card that is a Nvidia GeForce G210M that has 512mb DDR3 ram.

WolfsDogs

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
Well I know that back in 2010 ASUS never knew Windows 10 would be out even Windows 8 but I know a lot of people upgrade to Win 8 or 10 fine on 6 year old machines so I thought it should work right? As long as Windows updates finds similar or working drivers it will be fine but does Windows 10 have a lot of drivers that are generic that would work fine on any machines that has Windows 7? I know that Microsoft does a good job in the past on finding drivers to make any hardware work so I just assumed it should work on this ASUS also. I have a Dell OptiPlex 780 SFF and it normally came with Windows Vista but then I upgraded it for Windows 7 Home years ago and now I have Windows 10 and it works fine with generic Windows drivers but will it do the same with the ASUS? I know that Dell doesn't even support drivers for Windows 10 on the OptiPlex 780 SFF desktop PC but Windows 10 works fine.

unreal9400

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012
You can go ahead and upgrade to windows 10.
If there are no driver for a certain device you can always install windows 7 driver in compatibility mode.
I recommend waiting for for 5-10 minutes after windows 10 successfully install for windows to look for driver.

WolfsDogs

Commendable
Mar 14, 2016
I just wondered though that is Windows 10 now even has drivers for hybrids like the ASUS does so it can switch video cards depending on use. Also can you use Windows 7 drivers on Windows 10 if you use like run it in Windows 7 mode? But I guess I want to know Windows 10 now has a lot of drivers for most machines or so now. Since I thought Microsoft is working hard to make every machine work since it's free now. Also in Microsoft answer forums said it will work but are those techs really knowing about computers? just wondering

unreal9400

Honorable
Aug 4, 2012

Yes, you can go ahead and upgrade to windows 10.
About video driver windows 10 require Windows Display Driver Model (WDDM 1.0) and this requirement has been carried on since windows vista.
Any windows vista or windows 7 driver will work on windows.(I have tried installing driver from an old laptop which had ATI Radeon Xpress 1150 which is WDDM 1.0 driver and it works.(No compatibility issue)
The rest of the driver such as sound mainly Realtek can be download from Realtek website but usually Windows 10 already install the driver for you.
The rest of the device should already have basic driver provided by Microsoft.
Let me know the outcome once you upgraded to windows 10.

cweidem

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016

cweidem

Commendable
Jul 29, 2016
Can't offer a solution. On July 13 I attempted to install win 10 on my have an ASUS UL30VT (win 7). Microsoft sent a message stating that win 10 can't be installed because NVIDIA Geforce 210N does not support win 10. (http://www.sweclockers.com/forum/trad/1427983-win-10-gar-inte-att-installera-pa-asus-ul30vt-med-gforce-g210m-getforce-driver-sakanas) On July 29, after downloading and installing a NVIDIA driver ( 341.74-notebook-win10-64bit-international.exe) I made a new attempt to install win 10 and again installation did not start and I got the same negative message from Microsoft.
My Notebook is named ASUS UL30VT , yours is UL30V-A1 and perhaps you had greater success.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.