Asus UX360UA autorotate & tablet mode problem

djbase666

Prominent
May 5, 2017
Hi.

I've bought a new Asus Zenbook Flip UX360UA and am experiencing an unusual problem when operating the device in tablet mode with the keyboard flipped backwards. When I have the keyboard flipped and am holding the device upright (i.e. in any position other than laid on a flat surface with the screen facing the ceiling), tablet mode and autorotate work as they should. However, as soon as lay the device flat (with screen facing upwards), Windows behaves as though I have returned to laptop mode, and turns autorotate off and asks whether I would like to leave tablet mode (even though I still have the keyboard flipped back).

This creates problems for flip lock because the device believes it has returned to keyboard mode even though it is still flipped. It also makes using portrait mode annoying because as soon as I tilt the device past about 45 degrees towards a flat surface, it wants to return the display to landscape.

Simply disabling autorotate will not solve my problem because Asus Fliplock will continue to fail when my device is flipped but looking towards the sky.

Grateful for any thoughts. I will be completing a fresh system install later.

djbase666

Prominent
May 5, 2017
I already returned my first one due to this problem and this is a replacement, yet has the same problem with rotate and fliplock when laid flat facing the ceiling. I'm asking on here because aside from this problem I love the device and would prefer to keep it rather than get a refund. I'm wondering whether anyone else has an Asus UX360UA that works as it should?

Dec 13, 2018
After 4 hours reading of hard work. I have found the problem. It's missing the Intel (R) Integrated Sensor Solution driver. You can download it from the asus official support site for the laptop itself. The point is that this is the driver that allows the pc to use the sensors. After you install it, you can reinstall the fliplock driver. And VOALA its all done. Hope that will help you guys.

Reactions: simoncg