Solved! Asus Vivobook Max, no boot device in bios

Nov 4, 2018
Hi, i have an Asus Vivobook Max and it came with Endless OS. I wanted to install a fresh copy of windows 10, but in BIOS i couldn't make my USB to be in the boot section, I also tried doing this with a DVD but it didn't work neither. I read some articles about this and someone said that i need to format some partitions in the "Disks" tab in Endless, I did that but when i've restarted my laptop, it went straight to BIOS and there isn't any device that I can boot of now.My question is, is my HDD dead or I can take the HDD and put it back into another computer as a storage and format it and then put it back into my Asus Notebook?

Solution
The reason the USB isn't showing up may be because it isn't able to work when the machine boots up. If your BIOS has a setting named USB Legacy, make sure that's enabled.

Without that, the USB ports don't have power available to them until the Windows system cuts in.
The reason the USB isn't showing up may be because it isn't able to work when the machine boots up. If your BIOS has a setting named USB Legacy, make sure that's enabled.

Without that, the USB ports don't have power available to them until the Windows system cuts in.

Solution
Nov 4, 2018

In bios i cannot switch from ahci to legacy or something else either...