ASUS won't boot windows

dddsj223

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Model AR5B95
My computer keeps prompting me to run a fix for Windows 10 (I do not have this installed) I closed this window, then the computer shut down. Now it turns on, but keeps running a loop- ASUS logo...Windows (4 windows) round dots spinning...flashes a rectangular border (close to the size of the screen)...flash saying "attempting to recover installation... restoring your previous version of windows".. goes black and starts all over. Less than 30 seconds for all this. I have attempted many suggestions from the forums, but nothing has helped thus far. Please, please help! TIA!!!

Solution
I wonder if it is set to not go into BIOS at startup. It is a feature to help you get into the system faster, so it skips the option to enter BIOS. If that is turned on, then you would not be able to get in with f2 or f12.

Try this...

You will need to disable "Fast Boot/Startup" from the power button menu. The power button can be used if you encounter Fast Boot/Startup problems.

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.

2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.

3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.

4. The power button menu should now display.

Note: If this problem started after an update (or system reinstall), please make sure the laptop is not connected to the internet in any way before you use the following instructions.

Try the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. As soon as you see the rotating loading circle, press and hold the Power Button until the computer shuts off.
4. Repeat this process a few times until you see the "Preparing Automatic Repair" screen.
5. Now you want to let the laptop boot to the "Automatic Repair" screen.
6. Click "Advanced Options" and then select "Troubleshoot".
7. Here you want to select "Refresh your PC", if you do not wish to erase data, or "Reset your PC" to erase all data and restore your system.
8. From here just follow the screen instructions until the recovery is completed.

NOTE: You will need to get into the "Advanced Options" in order to get the "Refresh Option". This choice will keep your data, but any programs installed will be lost.

Do not do a "Reset" as that will wipe all data you have on the laptop.

Another version of this is the following...

1. Power off the laptop.
2. Power on the laptop.
3. When screen turns black, hit F10 and ALT repeatedly until the computer shuts off.
4. You shouTo fix the computer you should choose the second option listed.
5. When the next screen loads, choose the option "Reset Device".
6. Now choose which ever type of reset you wish.
7. Your coputer should now restore itself to "Factory Settings".

NOTE: If you get a message saying "Error Resetting Device", then you should have the computer looked at by the manufacturer (if still under warranty) or by a tech.

dddsj223

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Thanks so much for the response. I did see this post earlier and did try this no less than 10 times. I did try again no less than 5 times after your response. I tried both options. No luck. It's still doing the exact same thing. I can get to the BIOS with f2 if there is anything I can do from there?

I wonder if it is set to not go into BIOS at startup. It is a feature to help you get into the system faster, so it skips the option to enter BIOS. If that is turned on, then you would not be able to get in with f2 or f12.

Try this...

You will need to disable "Fast Boot/Startup" from the power button menu. The power button can be used if you encounter Fast Boot/Startup problems.

1. Make sure the laptop is turned off. Not in Hibernate or Sleep mode.

2. Press the power button and hold it down. The system should emit three short beeps from the speaker, or headphones if you have them plugged in.

3. After the beeps, release the power button 'before' the 4-second shutdown override.

4. The power button menu should now display.

5. Press F3 to disable Fast Boot/Startup and you should be able to access BIOS now.

To enable Fast Startup:

1. When the laptop boots up, enter the BIOS setup by pressing "F2".
2. Now go to the "Boot Configuration menu".
3. Choose the "Enable Fast Boot/Startup".
4. Press F10 to save the changes and exit.

Solution

dddsj223

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017

dddsj223

Prominent
Dec 10, 2017
Thank you for your response. I AM able to get to the bios screen with f2. However, I do not have the option under boot that you suggested. I only have : configuration, device priority, hard disk drives, and cd/DVD drives. And onboard LAN/ROM. In advanced; I have start easy flash, but have had no luck looking into that, I'm afraid I'll make it worse.