asus wont start

jplum420

Honorable
Jun 10, 2013
My Asus hybrid laptop won't start anymore its just a black screen at one pont it said it said it was attempting repairs but it went on for days a friend told me that windows got erased somehow how do. Fix it

If the hard drive is fine at post there should be a f key to start a system restore. Any data on the drive going to be lost. If there data you need you can try booting from a hirem boot cd and use the mini xp launcher to run a mini version of xp to see if your drive data still there.

Asus_USA

Honorable
May 1, 2013
What model do you have and what operating system are you using? The F9 at start-up would work if you have Windows 7 and have not deleted your recovery partition. If you made a back-up, I would try to restore from that, but if you can get into the F9 recovery, you can do a complete restore on the laptop.

Jennifer Plum

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013

it is an asus hybrid touchscreen laptop i had windows 8 on it and now it wont start up at al sol i cant run anything on it to fix it

If it won't power on at all, it is going to need sent to a service facility for hardware repair or replacement. If it powers on, proceeds through POST (the initial boot process before loading Windows), but fails to load Windows, then you have a problem with your operating system and you will either need to have a technician repair Windows for you, or reinstall it.