Asus x205 stuck on BIOS

electrophoresis

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015
My Asus x205ta boots straight to the bios with no way to start windows.
It began suddenly one morning after shutting down normally the night before. After pressing the power button, the computer goes to a black backlit screen for 1-2sec, then proceeds to BIOS without ever displaying the ASUS splash screen. BIOS seems fully operational. Under the Boot menu of BIOS, no boot drives are listed.
A bootable ubuntu USB stick is recognized by BIOS, but upon selecting it. the flash drive access light flashes for 1-2sec, then stops and the computer restarts to BIOS again. Charge and power status lights are operational.

Any advice or suggestions please?

electrophoresis

Estimable
Sep 2, 2015

This netbook has a 32GB non-replaceable MMC and soldered on RAM. Also, I don't see any options to run a SMART test in BIOS. I am running American Megatrends X205TA.208 BIOS (latest version)

NimaAz

Commendable
Apr 14, 2016

Hi,

This thread seems several months old, but since this morning I am having the same issue. Were you able to solve it, electrophoresis? What did you do? It seems to me that very few people are experiencing this and strangely no one of the threads I found follow the discussion to a final solution. This is really getting on my nerves.

Thanks.

fastwarp

Prominent
Mar 24, 2017

my asus x205 stopped during imaging...oh oh....they BIOS will not give option where to boot from