Asus X550LC laptop doesn't switch on(motherboard or battery problem probably)

tezzsurya

Prominent
May 31, 2017
I've got Asus X550LC laptop. It got 6wires(3black+3red) coming out of power jack which I've pulled it out and soldered. One day, after all 6 wires went loose and I managed to use to by some kind mechanical support (no more soldering; nothing). Now it stopped working. I've got new dc cable(tested it with multimeter). And I also measured voltage across motherboard terminals that go into battery, which was 1.1V but charging led doesn't switch on. I think the problem should be either motherboard or charger. My question is how can I detect which one is actually problematic. Also, power through charger goes to motherboard through dc cable and then to battery. And this circuit works fine. Does that guarantee me that there is no problem with motherboard? Idk if I make it clear or not, my laptop doesn't switch on now.

tezzsurya

Prominent
May 31, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from tezzsurya : "Asus X550LC laptop doesn't switch on(motherboard or battery problem probably)"

I've got Asus X550LC laptop. It got 6wires(3black+3red) coming out of power jack which I've pulled it out and soldered. One day, after all 6 wires went loose and I managed to use by some kind of mechanical support (no more soldering; nothing). Now it stopped working. I've got new dc cable(tested it with multimeter). And I also measured voltage across motherboard terminals that go into battery, which was 1.1V but charging led doesn't switch on. I think the problem should be either motherboard or battery. My question is how can I detect which one is actually problematic. Also, power through charger goes to motherboard through dc cable and then to battery. And this circuit works fine. Does that guarantee me that there is no problem with motherboard? Idk if I make it clear or not, my laptop doesn't switch on now.