asus x550vm freeze and just should to hard restart

danialray

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
hello friends
i bought a new asus k550vm (known as asus x550vm) but when use gpu system freeze some times so badly and just i can shut it down and some times that happen when system boot up
windows 10 64bit and fans gets crazy... mention it not system heating problem
cpu : 6700 hq vga nvidia gtx 950m ddr5 hdd samsung evo 850 500gb ram 16gb ddr4
i tested memory and hdd no problem.... when update to latest graphic driver that get worst
please help

Takhs_

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
My problem got better when changed advanced battery settings. Try to change intel graphics in maxumum performance. Also pci in the best settings i dont remember how it is called. I think the laptop starves for power and these settings save battery but make the laptop freeze

danialray

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017

thank u for reply
problem is exist after setting

Takhs_

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
I have made a deep search into that problem. My conclusion is that this proccessor is known for bug freezing. So always there will be some freezing in that mashine. However from all the freezes that happen to me only once in a month is the fault is the processor bug.

In all cases of freezing the most responsible is a memory conflict which make the graphic card driver fail and the less responsible is the processor bug

I have made Many adjustments and i run dual os windows 10 and ubuntu. Now my laptop freeze only once in a month.

What other you should probably do.
1)in advanced power settings_>pci express_> disable link state power management in both battery and pluged in. Make it off. This is a very important adjustment.

2)if your computer freeze and then you find difficult to boot again windows and it is freezing in windows logo you should make the following change. With that my windows always boot after a freeze. Search for local security policy and then go to_>local policies_>security options and then find shutdown clear virtual memory pagefile and enable this.

This adjustment maybe make your computer freeze when you try to restart. If this is the case then you must search for error_event 10016 distributed com in google and apply some changes in the windows registers. Then you could restart your laptop and when a freeze happens you can easily reboot your computer witjout any boot freeze.

danialray

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017

Thank u for attention and good solution
I downloaded latest windows redstone and just installed drivers.no anti virus or other programs... I am using edge . video watching and defender of windows is active too
24hrs without any error or freeze
I confused and i think that was from nod 32 and other reasons...
Ofcourse this processor is great but had problems with windows and drivers... And now softwares

Takhs_

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Update with another problem :
As windows keep updating its drivers and devices , laptop freezing started again . This time the computer freeze every time i plug or unplug it in the power.
Cause of the problem Found :
It seems that nvidia has also installed some drivers for audio even if it is only a graphic card. This was the root for the windows freezing every time i connected power or disconected power for the laptop.
Solution to the problem Found .
1)Just go to device manager
2) Audio devices and drivers
3) Uninstall the audio driver that comes with the Nvidia Name

Now i plug and unplug the laptop from the power with no freeze yet.

danialray

Prominent
Mar 29, 2017
I tried all ways and problem didnt solved
Finaly i sent it to tech support and they say system is ok... Indeed its an hardware problem if u couldnt fix with software and perhaps is from motherboard
I changed my laptop to msi gl62 6qf by tech support and i have no problem now ✌

Nivanthaka

Prominent
May 21, 2017
I have the same problem. Asus X550V comes with many features including GTX 950M. But the hardware arrangement is very bad. Since Windows keep updating the drivers all the time, uninstalling drivers doesn't make sense. Installing Ubuntu is again a problem. After trying for two days, I was able to install Ubuntu, and that seems some waht better than Windows. Yet my laptop freezes atleast once a day.

Takhs_

Prominent
Mar 10, 2017
Last thing i did and Stoped permantly freezing. Go again to advanced power adjustment settings. Disable HDD sleep.
Turn of HDD -> on battery = 0 min
-> pluged in = never

It has never freezed since this change , :D

Nivanthaka

Prominent
May 21, 2017

I took the laptop to the service centre, since i had 3 years warranty for this laptop. Even they admitted that there is something wrong, so they replaced the motherboard. After that Windows is running smoothly. But it freezes when I try to use/install ubuntu.