Asus x551m Missing Network Adapters

SiriusWolf

Commendable
Oct 10, 2016
My uncle wants me to help him get his Asus x551m laptop working and install all he drivers after having been forced to reinstall Windows 7 on it.
Problem is, the computer refuses to connect to the network, whether wired or wireless. Keeps giving me a message saying, "Windows did not detect any networking hardware."

After looking around on several forum posts of people who seemed to have similar problems, I found that in the Device Manager, the tab usually reserved for Network Adapters does not exist and is not hiding in any of the other tabs either.

Is there a way to get an internet connection?

Solution
It is completely possible that either that device doesn't have a built in device or it is damaged. Another way to do what you need would be to get an external WiFi card. Which would connect via USB, to access the internet.

Other than that, you would have to open it up (or have someone open it up) and find if it actually ever had one. If it did and it is dead, to replace it. Or if it didn't, then to see if there is the option to add one.
It is completely possible that either that device doesn't have a built in device or it is damaged. Another way to do what you need would be to get an external WiFi card. Which would connect via USB, to access the internet.

Other than that, you would have to open it up (or have someone open it up) and find if it actually ever had one. If it did and it is dead, to replace it. Or if it didn't, then to see if there is the option to add one.

Solution