ASUS X5521M will not power up

rcrimi2009

Estimable
Aug 18, 2015
This laptop is about a year old. The "charging" light (green) is on when plugged in. It has an integrated battery, so I can't try pulling it to re-set. There does not appear to be a pin re-set anywhere and it is inconsistently working. I tried to power it up last night and got nothing. This morning, it fired right up and now this evening, it is not working again. I tried holding the power button down for 30 seconds while plugged in and then again when not plugged in. I am not tech savvy so I'm at a loss for next steps. Do you have any suggestions

Solution
Hi,

In your case since your battery is built in performing a hard reset is not an option instead do a RAM re-seat. Remove the RAM off the laptop for couple of seconds then put it back in and power on the laptop. Lastly if you can access the CMOS battery please also re-seat it as like what you did with the RAM.
Hi,

In your case since your battery is built in performing a hard reset is not an option instead do a RAM re-seat. Remove the RAM off the laptop for couple of seconds then put it back in and power on the laptop. Lastly if you can access the CMOS battery please also re-seat it as like what you did with the RAM.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS