ASUS X555L not powering on and giving hissing sound

Apr 4, 2018
just cleaned my laptop and replaced the thermal paste, this is the 3rd time I replaced the paste, then i did not get any signal to my laptop monitor which was odd. The laptop was powering on and the fan was spinning so I connected a external monitor thru HDMI and it displayed fine. So I thought maybe the connection for the laptop monitor was not good, so I opened the laptop again and fixed the cable. As I powered on the laptop again, this time there was no power, the fan was not spinning, and there is a hissing/ whistling sound coming from the motherboard whenever I connect the charger/ battery. I tried pressing the power button without the charger/ battery to drain excess power, but it still does not work. please help.

Note:
- whenever I connect the charger/ battery this part heats up: https://ibb.co/if8bZx
- I think I fried it with the contact cleaner. not sure if the contact cleaner can fry the board, I tried it on other devices and it doesnt fry any of the other mobos.

Update:
- Just found out that the contact cleaner was not a quick dry solution, I guess the board got fried by the liquid.

Apr 4, 2018
checked the connectors, and it seems that the connectors are not needed for the power of the motherboard. The charger and battery are working fine, tested on another laptop. Dunno what is causing this and it really is a bother. Thanks for the answer btw.