ASUS Zenbook UX305FA - Cracked Screen

DeclanSB

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Hi all,

So unfortunately I cracked the front panel glass and have compromised the LCD screen on my white Zenbook UX305. I have contacted ASUS who recommended their outrageously expensive repair service that estimated the cost being somewhere around 300GBP, which seeing as I bought the laptop for 550 GBP seems ridiculous.

Now I am confident I can fit replacement parts myself, I have build desktops in the past and have the necessary tools for the task. My issue is I can't seem to find what and where to buy the front panel glass and LCD unit.

Was wondering if anyone has any advice or has had experience repairing/finding replacement parts for this model of laptop. I have heard the screens between zenbook models (ux301, ux303, ux305) hasn't changed but I'm not sure if this is accurate.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Declan

Edit: Heres a link to a picture of whats happened, in short the laptop was slipping out of my lap and I reached out to grab it with my phone in hand, corner of the phone made contact with the screen and bobs your uncle :( http://s10.postimg.org/6ye5v3b5l/IMG_1613.jpg

DeclanSB

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

Thanks for the quick answer and link, the disassembly link doesn't appear to include a section for removing the LCD have you any idea on whether or not the LCD and front panel glass come together or seperately?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
GameWinner31 Laptop General Discussion 0
vladigt9 Laptop General Discussion 0
erikasdom Laptop General Discussion 0
MaxG2356 Laptop General Discussion 0
E Laptop General Discussion 0
F Laptop General Discussion 1
T Laptop General Discussion 1
P Laptop General Discussion 1
S Laptop General Discussion 2
K Laptop General Discussion 3
R Laptop General Discussion 4