ASUS Zenbook UX305FA - Cracked Screen

DeclanSB

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016
Hi all,

So unfortunately I cracked the front panel glass and have compromised the LCD screen on my white Zenbook UX305. I have contacted ASUS who recommended their outrageously expensive repair service that estimated the cost being somewhere around 300GBP, which seeing as I bought the laptop for 550 GBP seems ridiculous.

Now I am confident I can fit replacement parts myself, I have build desktops in the past and have the necessary tools for the task. My issue is I can't seem to find what and where to buy the front panel glass and LCD unit.

Was wondering if anyone has any advice or has had experience repairing/finding replacement parts for this model of laptop. I have heard the screens between zenbook models (ux301, ux303, ux305) hasn't changed but I'm not sure if this is accurate.

Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Declan

Edit: Heres a link to a picture of whats happened, in short the laptop was slipping out of my lap and I reached out to grab it with my phone in hand, corner of the phone made contact with the screen and bobs your uncle :( http://s10.postimg.org/6ye5v3b5l/IMG_1613.jpg

DeclanSB

Commendable
Mar 11, 2016

Thanks for the quick answer and link, the disassembly link doesn't appear to include a section for removing the LCD have you any idea on whether or not the LCD and front panel glass come together or seperately?