Asus zenbook UX32A right half of screen dim

dpaxson

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
Hi everyone,

I recently bought a used Asus Zenbook UX32A-DB31. The hinges were really loose so I took the back cover off to tighten them. I found that the two hex standoffs which hold the hinges were loose so I tightened them up. when I started up the laptop the screen hinges felt much better, but after about a minute, the right half of the screen became slightly dim/blue and restarting didn't make it go away. I took it back apart and unplugged/plugged back in the ribbon cable and LED power wires for the screen and this also didn't fix the problem. Did my screen coincidentally go bad just as I tightened the screws or did I do something to it?

https://goo.gl/photos/oqQmhHT4fFtjsmLAA

The images make it look much worse than it does in person. Thanks for any help!

Solution
I went ahead and replaced the LED screen and that seemed to fix the issue. I also upgraded to a full 1920x1080 screen with the replacement so that was a nice bonus

dpaxson

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016

Sorry, you're right, I was confused since you have to remove that to remove the screen, but its because it's in the way of the monitor cable. The connector for the monitor is rectangular, and about 1" x 1/4". it's just to the right of the ram in the picture of the screws that's in the link I posted before.

dpaxson

Commendable
Jun 13, 2016
I went ahead and replaced the LED screen and that seemed to fix the issue. I also upgraded to a full 1920x1080 screen with the replacement so that was a nice bonus

Solution