Solved! Asus zenbook vs hp envy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
The Zenbooks usually come with SATA based M.2 SSD's but the one you've linked is the only one with a dedicated GPU, with the MX150 onboard. The other two have the same ram capacity, the same NVMe SSD specified. The Zenbook and the HP are the only two that have the same processor.

Might I ask what you intend to tax the laptop with? List of apps would be helpful.

Lutfij

Splendid
The Zenbooks usually come with SATA based M.2 SSD's but the one you've linked is the only one with a dedicated GPU, with the MX150 onboard. The other two have the same ram capacity, the same NVMe SSD specified. The Zenbook and the HP are the only two that have the same processor.

Might I ask what you intend to tax the laptop with? List of apps would be helpful.

Solution
Feb 7, 2019
I was wrestling with exactly this choice a week ago. However, I was grappling between the HP Envy, UX333, and UX433. While you have the first two on your list, your last option is the UX430, which is the previous year's model.

I ended up ruling out the Zenbook 13 UX333, because the keyboard is laid out such that the right side Shift key is tiny, and I expected that it would cause me regular problems while typing. The Zenbook 14 and the HP Envy keyboards are both supposed to be quite good though, so tough choice there.

Between the Zenbook 14 and the Envy, I was tilting toward the Asus because of its superior build quality (the UX433 model is certified to MIL-STD). From what I can tell, the UX430 has excellent build quality as well.

FYI I got a good deal on a ThinkPad X1 Carbon, so I ended up getting that instead of any of these three.

Good luck with your selections! I'm sure others here will weigh in with other relevant criteria!

Status
Not open for further replies.